• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Song of Ice & Fire Discussion:What do you want in the next 3 books? (SPOILERS)

AuroraGyps

First Post
So, I finally read the first three books in this series and I thought they were so great. Tyrion is my favorite character, the books have evil characters that I really hate, and the cliffhanger-like chapters drove me crazy in a good way. ;) I can't wait for the next book, which is delayed until the end of the year, and I can't help but keep wondering what's gonna happen next. Like, where is Arya's wolf? She must still be alive, since Arya keeps "dreaming" about her. And what about Hodor? I can't help but think and hope there might be more to him than just being a simple minded, gentle giant.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I want to see Stannis Baratheon and (the newly uplifted) John Stark crush the bastard of Bolton, reunite the north and march on The Freys

Pants

First Post
AuroraGyps said:
And what about Hodor? I can't help but think and hope there might be more to him than just being a simple minded, gentle giant.
Well, Old Nan said that Hodor's real name was 'Walder,' so take that as you will ;)

Things I really want to see happen:
- Tyrion meeting Dany
- Cersei making House Lannister sink further and further into the sinkhole with her idiocy
- The Identity of Coldhands revealed. Who the hell is he?!
- The massacre of the Freys. Red Wedding my foot...
- Sansa becoming less of a ditz.

AuroraGyps

First Post
Well, Old Nan said that Hodor's real name was 'Walder,' so take that as you will

Oh yeah. Ok, the entire Frey clan is killed and it turns out Hodor is a Frey, & now the only Frey, and inherits the Twins. HODOR!!! :D

Jaime and Brianne become a couple... he needs a good sword arm and she kicks butt.

As for Coldhand... could it be Uncle Benjen?

I'd also like to see Catelyn make up for all her mistakes:
"Ned, you should go be the Hand"
"Sansa should marry Joffrey"
"I think I'll take Tyrion hostage"
"Robb, you need the Freys"

She had a big hand in so many things that went that went really bad.

Last edited:

stevelabny

Explorer
i wanna see that bastard Jon Stark get whats coming to him, just like his dad. To see his head roll across a grassy field will be sweet.

I have utmost faith that although most believe he is the "hero" of these books, he really is just a schmuck who knows nothing and will die unmourned and unloved :-D

I'd like to see Sandor retain his Boba Fett-like coolness and not become just a marketing gimmick like Fett himself.

And I'd like to see more of of Asha. A lot more of Asha. I wouldnt even mind her and her brother becoming the next incestuous rulers of Westeros.

But basically, as long as the dialogue stays intense, the multiple POVs make people reconsider their ill-conceived opinions on characters (see Jaime), and the plot stays twisty (and doesnt just become, secret-targaryen jon snow and his sister dany unite westeros as one and everyone lives happily ever after) then ill be happy

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

The Frey's dead. I hate the Frey clan.

Bolton's Bastard must be killed as well.

I hope there are some new players. I don't know that I want to see any of the current players take the Dragon throne. I figure Dany will take it, but I would rather not see her do so. Dany is just too much Martin's little fantasy girl for me to like, or that is how I feel when I read her story.

I don't like Jon, nor any of the other Stark kids save for perhaps Bran. I feel sympathetic for Sansa, though I can't say that I like her. I can't stand Arya, she is annoying and unbelievable as a character. They haven't shown enough of the youngest Stark boy...what's his name...to have a feel for him. I'm hoping he turns into some heroic fighter that I can get behind.

I'd like to see more of Barristan Selmy. I like the old archetypal knight.

It should be interesting to see Cersei's perspective, though I hope she dies.

It would be nice to see Jaime continue his path towards redemption. He would make a great hero. I like the character. I can identify with Jaime Lannister. After reading his perspective, he actually seems more like a true knight than many of the others in the book with the notable exception of Barristan Selmy.

I don't know where Tyrion will end up, but he is a fun character. Hopefully Martin has found something interesting for Tyrion to do.

The Knight of Flowers hopefully doesn't fall into evil while serving in the King's guard. I like the Knight of Flowers, more of his deeds would be nice.

Sandor Clegane needs to live. I like The Hound. I would like to see him survive and kill his undead brother Gregor (I do think Gregor will probably return as some undead monstrosity).

The main reason I read A Song of Ice and Fire is to enjoy a good story. I just hope Martin continues to tell a good story that keeps me interested in the characters and events.

CrusaderX

First Post
There was some speculation that HodOR is related to SandOR and GregOR, since their names are alike and they're all freakishly huge.

I like both Jon and Dany, and I'd love to see them unite and live happily ever after, but I seriously doubt if Martin is going to go that route. I'm actually betting that one of them will die in the next book.

I love Arya as well. I want to see her become an effective fighter or maybe even an assassin, and knock off a few more names on her "prayer list". And I want her to get her wolf back, too.

I hope Jaqen H'ghar returns. Forget Sandor, Jaqen is the true Boba Fett of the series. ;)

I want to see undead Cat lay the smackdown on Cersei. Cersei will freak out. It would be great!

I can see Sansa becoming a villian, and if so an Arya and Sansa reunion would be fun to read.

KenM

Banned
Banned
I can see Cersi getting killed and Sansa, with everything she went through, becoming like her.
I want the Imp to be king.
I see Jon uniting the freepeople beyond the wall and the other people of Westros, to fight against the undead.

RaceBannon42

First Post
I just want to see the next book!

Actually I would like to see Arya wipe more names off her list, to see the Bastard and the Frey get theirs, and to Cersei put in her place.

Remove ads