• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Song of Rest doubt

andarilhor

First Post
So... reading the song of rest I came to a simple doubt: the charisma bonus granted by the feature is to any healing surges during the short rest or in the next encounter or in both situations?

Until now, my interpretation is during the short rest, but I not certain...

Kordeth

First Post
Ampersand said:
When you play an instrument or sing during a short rest, you and each ally who can hear you are affected by your Song of Rest. When an affected character spends healing surges at the end of the rest, that character regains additional hit points equal to your Charisma modifier with each healing surge. A character can be affected by only one Song of Rest at a time.

PHB p. 263 said:
Spend Healing Surges: After a short rest, you can spend as many healing surges as you want (see “Healing,” page 293). If you run out of healing surges, you must take an extended rest to regain them.

Seems perfectly clear to me. When you spend healing surges at the end of a short rest, you get the bonus. You don't get the bonus in the next encounter.

Remove ads