• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Songs of Chaos RPG - Playtest Material Released!

kevin.ferrone

First Post
Hi All,

I'm working with Michael Miller, author of the international best selling Songs of Chaos fantasy book series, to build a D&D 5E setting based on his books. I'm introducing a lot of new mechanics including a new Power system as well as a class system in which you play both a dragon and a dragon rider.

The playtest material is available for download for free here. The material is housed in a Google drive and open for comment so please also feel free to comment directly in the documents.

In addition, we're also looking for Lead Playtesters who can play a more significant role in testing and feedback. You can see more about becoming a Lead Playtester here.

I look forward to hearing everyone's feedback!

Kevin

My question about balance power when characters are too specialized into flying mounts and air combat, but in the underground encounters with little spaces your "monster mount" isn't so useful.

kevin.ferrone

First Post
My question about balance power when characters are too specialized into flying mounts and air combat, but in the underground encounters with little spaces your "monster mount" isn't so useful.
It's a good question. Check out the playtest documents. We've designed them as not to encourage mounted/arial combat so much, although that is certainly an option. We were worried about the classes being OP given that you have both a rider and a dragon. We tampered this by making actions each round "shared" between the bonded rider and dragon. The classes are still generally OP in my mind, but I think they are doable.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads