• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sooo how is everyone liking the new ENWorld?

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
To be fair, the amount of news isn't even remotely linked to the format.
So true. It feels like there is a faming of D20 news lately. Maybe that is but another consequence of the developments in the industry lately . . . everyone is announcing little or producing less, therefor nothing to report.

Seeker95

First Post
Front Page News

My only complaint regarding the new ENW is with the front page news. Specifically,

1. Dating.
I wish the news was arranged by date. I can understand "sticky-ing" a specific story to the top left, but after that, I feel stories should be listed in a left-to-right, top-to-bottom, ordered-by-date, newest-to-oldest format. I visit daily. Having to scroll down the page to find the new news is odd, and sometimes it gets missed when I am popping in for a quick "is there anything new" look.

2. Bylines 1.
I seriously could not care less who posted a story. And if I am going to see who the scoop was, I would rather see it at the end of the box blurb.

3. Bylines 2.
I would suggest replacing the current byline location with a story-source tag instead. If a story is about a WotC release, put WotC there. If the story is about a Green Ronin announcement, say Green Ronin. Very few stories we see on EN are not publisher-related. Those that are, are obviously so.

Merkuri

Explorer
3. Bylines 2.
I would suggest replacing the current byline location with a story-source tag instead. If a story is about a WotC release, put WotC there. If the story is about a Green Ronin announcement, say Green Ronin. Very few stories we see on EN are not publisher-related. Those that are, are obviously so.

That's a good idea. I always expected that second line after the title to be a topic or publisher related instead of the person who wrote the scoop.

Arnwyn

First Post
Everything Seeker95 said (I can't believe it's not in date order).

Of course, with that said, I like the news layout of the temp page more than ENW2's page. Heh.

Chadarius

Explorer
Arnwyn. I too like the temp page better. Less is so much more. Just think of the bandwidth savings. I say add more news links and slap the EN world logo on that temp page and call it a web site! If you offered that temp page as an option, I would use it all the time by the way.

Chadarius

Explorer
Arnwyn. I too like the temp page better. Less is so much more. Just think of the bandwidth savings. I say add more news links and slap the EN world logo on that temp page and call it a web site! If you offered that temp page as an option, I would use it all the time by the way.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
All in all, I like the new site - the wiki, the blogs, and the Social Groups are all very useful.

The only downside is that the site often seems to break down when I try to load a page - for me, this is much more noticeable than with the old site (since I'm living in Europe, I rarely experience the site as its busiest hours of the day...).

Dark Mistress

First Post
I like how it is much faster than the old site. Don't care overly for the new front page, not a major deal i just liked the old one better.

My big dislike and this one bugs me a lot. The new reviews, I really don't like how they are not broken up by company anymore. That was hands down the biggest reason i came to ENworld for reviews. I could hit all the companies I was a fan of and check all their latest products quickly and easily.

Sometimes, it's the "subtle" stuff.

For example, I just posted a link to a website in plain-text - instead of just showing the address, it showed the web site title instead.

Of course, that's also a kind of "security" risk - if someone doesn't bother to check what he clicks on, he might go to his fake bank account website or far worse and likely, he will get rickrolled! ;)

ki11erDM

Explorer
Just popping back in and saying: The front page and news is kicking some good butt now days. I really like the new downloads part :)

Thanks for your hard work!

Remove ads