• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sorcerer's and Familiars...

Arravis

First Post
I beleive last week on the general board, someone posted that in the latest Dungeon Magazine it mentions that Githyanki Sorcerer's don't have familiars, but gain other powers instead. Has anyone made house rules for something like this?

I personally hate having familiars and would love to be able to "trade" them in for something else, even if it's fairly minor.

Thanks guys :)

p.s.: I'd try to find the original post, but I have no way to search :(.

Last edited:

BenjaminB

First Post
I'd just allow them to trade in the familiar for a metamagic or item creation feat. In fact, why not make Familiar are feat for everyone?

Arravis

First Post
You guys don't think that would be unbalanced? I have no idea how "powerful" the effects of Githyanki sorcerer's giving up familiars is to compare by...

BenjaminB

First Post
No way- a familiar is a better deal than a metamagic feat by a long shot. You esentially get a companion creature which improves as you advance and extends the reach of your magic in addition to providing scouting and special bonuses- its more like 2 or 3 feats.

Remove ads