• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[sorta OT] Slip covers

SubMensa

First Post
Having just purchased the shiny new 3.5 books. I decided to harken back to my school going days and cover them in homemade slip covers.

Here is a proposition for all you EM Worlders out there:

Help me decorate the covers. I am looking for cool ideas to draw on the slip covers to make them unique. Any ideas welcome. However please keep in mind that I am no great artist.

Anything welcome, cool designs, arcane looking runes, let's make e'm special.

As a side note, has anyone else done this?

Last edited:

Paladin

Explorer
Actually, we (The Gamer's Bag) have been thinking about making some. We have brown dragon scales for the PH, blue for the DMG, and Red for the MM. Of course you could then have them embroidered. :cool:

We'll have to work on that when we get back from GenCon though! :D

Last edited:

Tsyr

Explorer
Paladin said:
Actually, we (The Gamer's Bag) have been thinking about making some. We have brown dragon scales for the PH, blue for the DMG, and Red for the MM. Of course you could then have them embroidered. :cool:

We'll have to work on that when we get back from GenCon though! :D

Wanna make sales?

Leather.

Darkish brown for PHB, midnight blue for DMG, blood red for MM...

I'd buy a set. Heck, I'd buy two, one for my 3.0, one for my 3.5 And if you offered them individualy, I'd probably buy them for other books too.

Paladin

Explorer
Tsyr said:

Wanna make sales?

Leather.

Darkish brown for PHB, midnight blue for DMG, blood red for MM...

I'd buy a set. Heck, I'd buy two, one for my 3.0, one for my 3.5 And if you offered them individualy, I'd probably buy them for other books too.
We could do that. :)

Ranes

Adventurer
Tsyr's suggestions are excellent (don't you dare repeat that out of context, Tsyr :D ). Leather slip covers would be must-have items for me, especially if I can use them on other hardback supplements, not just the core books.

Please keep us informed, Paladin.

Angcuru

First Post
Actually you should offer slipcovers flesh-colored leather for books like the BoVD and such, so you can tell newbies that it is bound in human skin.:D

Ranes

Adventurer
/brief_hijack

Angcuru, that reminds me of an old and extremely fatigued brown leather jacket I used to wear. One day, I was sitting in a little cafe, drinking a coffee when I happened to be wearing said jacket.

A young guy sitting next me at the counter caught my eye and said, "Cool jacket."

I replied, "Genuine dinosaur skin."

His eyes almost popping out of his head, the young man replied, "Really?"

I nearly scalded him with a jet of Starbucks' finest.

/brief_hijack

talinthas

First Post
leather covers for hardbacks? sign me up for 5 =) My core books and the new dragonlance books. And if we get to choose colors, even better. And embroider logos or names or whatever.

ooh.

dude, i'm sold =)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads