• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sos

gray stranger

First Post
Now I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but hey, it's worth a shot

Does anyone know the new song by rihanna? SoS? it's a horrible song, I know, but the background rythm is from another song, and was sampled into SoS

What's the name of the sampled song, I'm guessing it's depeche mode, but it could be something completely different...

thanks for the help :p

gray stranger

First Post
Aaah, it's always the same, when you hear the answer you're like: wow, that was obvious

anyway, thanks for helping :D

P.S.: Ceratitis, I agree with you about the butchering of music ;)

dragonhead

First Post
gray stranger said:
P.S.: Ceratitis, I agree with you about the butchering of music ;)

Just like that song that nelly did that was orignaly a country song, nelly ruined the song. why is rap and r&b taking over the airways? leave the airways clear for song we can hear the words to.

DaveStebbins

First Post
dragonhead said:
Just like that song that nelly did that was orignaly a country song, nelly ruined the song. why is rap and r&b taking over the airways? leave the airways clear for song we can hear the words to.
Believe it or not, some people like the new versions of these songs.

It's like saying, "Why are so many people posting with poor spelling and grammar? They should leave the message boards clear for people who know how to get their points across correctly." Well, believe it or not, sometimes people with poor spelling and grammar make good points. Like the songs you don't enjoy, it's just tougher to understand them.

-Dave :p

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I like that the song is something I can spin when DJing for teens and then be able to mix from it into the SoftCell version... or the Marilyn Manson version (which I do love so...)

Of course, considering that the Soft Cell version is just a cover of the original performed by Gloria Jones... Can't really blame anyone for ripping off Soft Cell in turn.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Actually, while we're excoriating people for butchering Soft Cell's version of "Tainted Love"...let us in all fairness also go after Soft Cell themselves for releasing a remix of the song about 10 years after its original release (as part of a comback) that essentially amounted to adding 4 minutes of that "ringing" keyboard riff at the end of the original song.

Gloria Jones should have hunted them down and made them into a coat.

Huw

First Post
ceratitis said:
god i hate it when they do that. if they are so talentless to be unable to make their own songs why ruin other???
Z

I rather like it - it does something new with the song, whereas Marilyn Manson just added feedback.

Sometimes a genre switch works exceptionally well. I'm a huge Nine Inch Nails fan, but I still think that Johnny Cash's "Hurt" is the better version.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads