• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Soulknife Tweaks

Uncle_Muppet

Explorer
FireLance said:
Only problem is, Expanded Knowledge has a prerequisite of manifester level 3rd. A soulknife technically has no manifester level, although it can be argued in a rules-lawyerly kind of way that a kalashtar does have a manifester level for his racial mindlink ability (half character level), which will make him eligible to take the feat at 6th level :p.

I'm completely aware of the prereq of manifester levels. Hence my use of "convince your DM". Anytime you have to convince your DM of something, you're looking to break/bend the rules.

However, a soulknife could be considered to have manifester levels if you manipulate the text enough. The class description says "A soulknife gains Wild Talent as a bonus feat. (This class feature provides the character with the psionic power he needs to materialize his mind blade, if he has no power points otherwise.)" The only other time you need power points is to manifest psionic powers. So, it could be argued that a mindblade is a manifested psionic power, and thus once the soulknife hits 3rd level, he can be considered to have 3 manifester levels.

As a DM, I would agree with Firelance's statement of racial abilities counting towards manifester levels for feats.

Remove ads