• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Soul's Fury spell; Need Opinions

Ravingdork

Explorer
SOUL’S FURY
Necromancy [Force]
Level: Clr 9, Sor/Wiz 9
Components: V, S, F/DF, XP
Casting Time: 1 full round
Range: Personal (see text)
Effect: A physical manifestation of the caster’s soul (see text)
Duration: 1 minute/ 2 levels (D) (see text)
Saving Throw: None (see text)
Spell Resistance: None (see text)

You transfer your mind and soul into a deadly projection of yourself. This has several effects as noted below:

· Your body falls prone, becoming incapacitated.

· You create a magical incorporeal force effect that appears adjacent to your body. It is a physical manifestation of your soul—thus it looks just like you except that it glows a bright blue with the illumination of a torch (20 ft. radius). Your projection has the same number of Hit Points and effective Hit Dice as you before the casting of this spell, a base AC of 20 (Deflection +10) modified for your size and Dexterity, and an Attack Bonus equal to your own Base Attack Bonus modified by your size and Dexterity modifiers. Your projection can fly up to 120 feet as a move equivalent action but cannot take a run or charge action (your projection is not capable of other forms of movement except flight). It does not have access to any of your spells, spell-like abilities, supernatural abilities, or equipment (any apparent equipment is non-functional). You control the projection and can sense the environment around it as if it were your own body. Since the projection is incorporeal, you can do all the things common to all incorporeal creatures such as move silently, go through corporeal objects, use ghost touch equipment, etc.; since your projection is also made of force, it can block, strike at, or otherwise interact with other incorporeal creatures. You still cannot interact with corporeal objects and creatures, however.

· You, in your projected form, gain the supernatural ability to emit multiple explosive beams of searing blue-white energy made of force. These beams deal 1d6 damage per caster level (maximum 25d6 damage). You may divide this damage up among any number of beams as you wish (minimum 1d6 per beam). You may attack any number of targets (but not more targets than you have beams) so long as they are within 30 feet of each other. This requires a ranged touch attack to hit and it must overcome any spell resistance to successfully deal damage. You may use this attack form once per round as a standard action. Your beams have a range increment of 50 feet. This ability is an exception to the rule of not being able to use supernatural abilities.

There is no limit to where your projection may go so long as it remains on the same plane of existence. Your projection is not a creature, but a magical force (such as that created by Bigby’s Grasping Hand) and can’t be the target of spells or effects unless the spell or effect could normally target magical effects (such as that created by a Bigby’s Grasping Hand). If your projection is ever destroyed or your projection or body removed from the same plane, you are considered slain immediately. Effects on your body (such as poison, disease, and so on) continue while you are away, and because your body is still alive, it still needs air, water, and food. If your body is killed, you die at the end of the spell’s duration. Despite any apparent destruction of your soul’s projection, you may be resurrected normally.
If the projection is dispelled (either by you or by a Dispel Magic), or the spell’s duration runs out, your conscience returns to your body and you may begin to act normally. The returning of your soul in this fashion cannot be prevented by any mortal means.
Arcane Focus: A perfect blue or blue-white diamond worth 8,000gp
XP Cost: 1,000

Well, what do you think?

Craer

First Post
Oh, you again. May I direct you to your old thread? I believe many people responded there. Not only to comment on your spell, but also to make a few remarks on the fact that you posted, insulted my fellow board members for not responding fast enough, and then failed to check back in the thread for responses afterwards.

You will not find an evalutation of your spell by me in this particular thread.

-Craer

the Jester

Legend
Craer said:
Oh, you again. May I direct you to your old thread? I believe many people responded there. Not only to comment on your spell, but also to make a few remarks on the fact that you posted, insulted my fellow board members for not responding fast enough, and then failed to check back in the thread for responses afterwards.

You will not find an evalutation of your spell by me in this particular thread.

-Craer

I bumped it up for you in case you have trouble finding it, as well as adding a second look review on it.

I think you'll find the consensus takes us to the first thread, and I hope you understand that nobody's trying to be a jerk to you- just reflexive defensiveness at your initial tone. I hope you stick around to become a constructive member of the ENWorld community; my advice to you is, don't take things personally and have a little patience when you post. Most people have things to do with their time other than respond to every post everyone puts out there. Almost every thread here gets replies in time. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads