• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Source for Marshal-Specific Feats?

saucercrab

Explorer
Found a marshal PrC on a D&D fan site, & it references some feats that I can't find in any of my books: Expanded Aura, Extra Major Aura, Extra Minor Aura, Greater Powerful Aura, Powerful Aura, & Formation Expert. Checked both the Miniatures Handbook & Heroes of Battle.

Anyone know if these are official, & if so, where they appear?
(I don't think the feats are unoffical, because they don't appear on the fan site either.)

In fact the book talks about that some, on page 86. Specifically you can take a dragon aura as a major aura, and then apply dragon aura feats to it.

While we didn't specifically call it out, I'd say the rules also support taking the dragon auras from the dragon shaman as major marshal auras. Not RAW I'm afriad (we say you can do it with "the draconic auras presented here"), but certainly reasonable.

IamTheTest

First Post
Minis Handbook has the Marshall in it. I think those sound like class features. I think the WotC website has the Marshall for free as well.

saucercrab

Explorer
Nope, not there. Like I said, I had already checked the Miniatures Handbook (was the first source I checked, in fact). And the PrC lists them as feats, not class features.

FYI, it's the field commander PrC at Save Vs DM's site.

Another thing which I forgot to mention (in case it occurs to someone else), I also checked the epic marshal article. No dice there, either.

Terraism

Explorer
saucercrab said:
Found a marshal PrC on a D&D fan site, & it references some feats that I can't find in any of my books: Expanded Aura, Extra Major Aura, Extra Minor Aura, Greater Powerful Aura, Powerful Aura, & Formation Expert. Checked both the Miniatures Handbook & Heroes of Battle.

Anyone know if these are official, & if so, where they appear?
(I don't think the feats are unoffical, because they don't appear on the fan site either.)

Hrm. Near as I can find:

Formation Expert: Complete Warrior

None of the rest are in any WotC sourcebook, per the WotC Feat Index. You might want to send Save vs. DM an e-mail or PM - he tends to frequent the Eberron boards in the WotC forums. Good luck - and if you find anything, post back here. I'm curious, too. :)

saucercrab

Explorer
Ah, thanks. I totally forgot that the divine & tactical feats in CW aren't listed in the same table as the general feats.

And, yes, I planned on PM'ing him as soon as the Wizards boards were up again (prob' later today). (I found out about his site through his posting on the Eberron boards.)

saucercrab

Explorer
Well, SaveVsDM got back to me right quick.

He said those aura feats were ones he made up, but mistakenly removed their write-ups from his site.

This is what he gave me:
Expanded Aura (increases range of auras from 60' to 90');
Extra Major Aura (get one extra major aura known, requires Extra Minor Aura);
Extra Minor Aura (get one extra minor aura known);
Greater Powerful Aura (+1 bonus to major aura effects, requires Powerful Aura); &
Powerful Aura (+1 bonus to minor aura effects)

I followed up with asking him if there are any other prerequisites, or just the minimum marshal class level needed. Waiting on that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads