South Jersey (Burl. Co.) Gamers

Cadriel

First Post
I'm always up for meeting other gamers, and I'm actually curious to play OD&D. I know it's been around forever, but it seems to be getting a web presence. I'd be willing to play if the schedule was right -- that can be worked out.

- Wayne

WSmith

First Post
I am pressed for time this week, but I am hoping to try to schedule something sometime in Oct. Also, I proposed to some of the local gamers on DragonsFoot about getting together when grodog is back in town for a one day marathon session. More on that as news comes available.

WSmith

First Post
I just want to post a little update. If you know grodog, (Allan Grohe) when he comes back to town, some of us from the Dragonsfoot boards get together to discuss gaming stuff and have pizza. We haven't actually had a gaming session. Yet.

There is a possibility that sometime during the first week of January, when Allan is visiting family here in NJ, that we will have a day long old school D&D marathon game. The details are not all worked out yet, but I will post them here as them firm up.

Now, this still does not preclude possibly getting together for some semi-regular gaming action. I am still open to that, too.

WSmith

First Post
Cadriel said:
I'm always up for meeting other gamers, and I'm actually curious to play OD&D. I know it's been around forever, but it seems to be getting a web presence. I'd be willing to play if the schedule was right -- that can be worked out.

- Wayne

Considering you (as well as dmcoy) live right around the corner, I think it could happen. :)

WSmith

First Post
We will wait for grodog's schedule for a little more solid planning of the Winter Break Marathon Game. In the meantime, I found a stack of huge sheet graph paper, something like 18"x24" a sheet, and started making my old school mega dungeon, as it appears that I will be DM'ing. My game of choice will be 1974 three-little-book OD&D. More to come...

Last edited:

WSmith

First Post
For those that are posting here and not Dragonsfoot, what does your schedule look like for the first week in January? I am trying to gauge availability for that time frame for the Winter Break Megadungeon Marathon Game.

HOWEVER, for those that live close to me, (dmccoy, wayne, who else is there? ) if you guys want to try to set something up and get together beforehand for some prequel action, let me know what your schedule is like.

I am going to post a players handout when it is done. I am working on level 2 of the dungeon currently.

WSmith

First Post
For those of you that are not members at Dragonsfoot, it looks like we will be meeting for some "pre-game" discussion and introductions on Friday, January 11th at Taconelli's Pizza in Maple Shade across from the Moorestown Mall. For a more details, read this thread, mostly the last two pages:

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18859

The rules for the game, (when it does get off the ground) will be the Original D&D rules from the white box, and maybe the supplements, (this must be agreed on by the various DMs, oohhh, I mean referees, ;) as there will be multiple DMs to fit the concept of the adventure.)

Last edited:

WSmith

First Post
Aramax said:
I just posted a new game in Mt Holly nj

Howdy.

I don't know why I didn't see it already. I must have skipped over this forum for a while. I will check it out.

As far as the OD&D game, looks like we will be having our first session on March 13th somewhere in Moorestown. Not sure if the DM wants anymore players, but anyone interested should go to the DF post listed above.

Remove ads