• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SoW: Tracking Honour/Greed *spoilers*

fenriswolf456

First Post
Hello all, new to ENWorld, and looking to get back into the GM seat. I've played a bit of 4E the past couple of years, and have a sudden itch to GM a campaign, finally deciding on the Scales of War AP.

I'm still in the preparation steps, reading over the modules and familiarizing myself more with the core rules of 4E. Read a number of threads here about SoW which has been very helpful, and busy tweaking some of the encounters.

Considering how the party is central to the Bahamut/Tiamat conflict in SoW, it got me to thinking of keeping track of how the PCs behave during the entire campaign, especially as they progressed further and become more personally involved. The idea in my mind is a sort of sliding scale between the two ideals represented by the dragons for each player, which would fluctuate depending on the deeds of their PC.

Now while I like the idea, and realize it's rather subjective, I'm not sure ultimately what to do with it. I have a thought of Tiamat trying to sway the PC to serve her, perhaps leading to a fight between PCs as they choose sides. Or perhaps giving Tiamat a charm/dominate type ability, with modifiers to the roll/save based on the PCs place on the scale. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

I was thinking that mid/late in the campaign, the group would collect 5 magical items, that would in fact be tuned to Tiamat. Beyond this, though, I haven't come up with actual items. Generally considering something like minor artefacts representing each colour/sphere, where more abilities become available the more tuned the PC becomes towards Tiamat's side of the spectrum. Thinking weapons/implements would be the most straightforward items for this, but other ideas would be welcome.

Also, any general advice on running the campaign and pitfalls to avoid would be great too.

Thanks for reading!

Remove ads