Space fantasy mashup game?

fireinthedust

Explorer
I want to play a Space Fantasy style game, one where the players pick a fantasy archetype and put "space" on it. Space Magic would be The Force (basically psionics), swords would be light sabres, ranged weapons would be blasters, there's storm troopers, clones, droids, Jedi and Sith; but they'd be equal to everyone power-wise because we'd also have Aliens-style xenomorphs, Rifts-style juicers, massive Cybernetics use, Iron-man style power armor, hologram-interface computer AIs, disease-created zombies, mutated people with claws or gills or whatever, potentially stargate-style gates, the Predator, hi-tech gadgetry, Dune-like desert planet with giant worms on it, Star Trek-style transporters on some ships, Androids that dream of electric sheep, colony planets, city planets, space stations filled with space pirates, space colloseums with gladiator arenas; and for some reason society is basically feudal, with Princesses and Kings, Emperors, Queens, Barons, and massive social inequality (slaves wearing space loincloths, peasant farmers, etc.). And, of course, there's a post-apocalyptic vibe somewhere.

Good vs Evil

Sword vs Sorcery vs Cyborgs

and always, Everything is ...Innnn Spaaaaacccceee

Any takers? I could use a GM or I could run it. I can run a number of systems, from SWSE, True20, d20 Future, and more; or even mash up aspects of all of them (example: making up planets with the Stars Without Number appendices, but using the weapons from d20 Future in the SWSE rules for characters). If someone else has suggestions, or would like to run it, I'm good for that, too.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
If I could make a suggestion, check out Dragonstar. It is basically 3.5 D&D in space complete with dragon overlords, science fiction spacecraft and lasers, and planetary exploration.

Rubberneck

First Post
Sounds a lot like Traveller as well. Might want to give that a look over. Traveller also has one of the best character creation methods I've ever seen.

Shayuri

First Post
This looks really cool, but...I am in too many games. I tend to join games easily because they usually die fast too, but...that hasn't been happening, and it's not that I -want- games to die, but I just don't have time to add more on. Even ones that look really cool. :)

Good luck to you!

dream66_

First Post
Oh, man....

I swear I don't have time to run another game right now... I swore that I would never ever run 3.x again.

BUT...

I still have all my DragonStar books I bought and never got to run....

I'm tempted to run an adventure if DragonStar looks appealing to anyone.

Remove ads