• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Space ships from various franchises drawn together to compare size

Orius

Legend
Looks like an update of an image that's been floating around the web for at least 10 years or more. The original had the space shuttle on it, but I can't see it on this image.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Who lives on these ships? More importantly who makes them?

You want somebody type out a list for you? It's not likely to happen, I'm afraid!

I'll say that the Imperial Empire build the Star Destroyers. And stormtroopers live on them. And Starfleet builds the Enterprises, and Starfleet officers live on them. But my typing enthusiasm runs out there, I'm afraid. Sorry!

Meatboy

First Post
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] Oh I know! it just seems kind of ridiculous is all. I was thinking back to Red Dwarf and how the managed to spawn an entire race in the depths of the ship and how it takes the characters weeks to get around on foot and then consider that it is only in the middle of the bunch.

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->@Morrus<!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> Oh I know! it just seems kind of ridiculous is all. I was thinking back to Red Dwarf and how the managed to spawn an entire race in the depths of the ship and how it takes the characters weeks to get around on foot and then consider that it is only in the middle of the bunch.

The Red Dwarf is most definitely the size of Plot, or more accurately the size of Humor.

Bagpuss

Legend
I can't believe the stupid Alien ship from Independance Day is the biggest ship.

And that's only the City Destroyer, the Independence Day Mothership carried several dozen of those to Earth. The mothership is 800,000 meters long, 550,000 across, too big even for that chart.

Dioltach

Legend
And that's only the City Destroyer, the Independence Day Mothership carried several dozen of those to Earth. The mothership is 800,000 meters long, 550,000 across, too big even for that chart.

That's one big mother! (How many jokes can we get from this? "Yo momma ship so big ...")

Remove ads