Spartan

SolidSnake

First Post
Originally, I had planned on making this character a straight fighter, but I decided that a cleric with a highly lawful affiliation would fit the bill just fine. I have the following to work with:

Str 17
Dex 9
Con 11
Int 15
Wis 17
Cha 14

Human with three total levels.

I am thinking of making him a 3rd level cleric of Helm (the DM isn't using the Greyhawk pantheon otherwise I would have chosen St. Cuthbert). What classes and feats do you guys think I should take to make this guy Spartan-esque? He doesn't even have to be a cleric...maybe just highly religious. A paladin might also work...

gtJormungand

First Post
Take Power Attack and Divine Might [DoF] if you go cleric. +2 to damage for 2 rounds for only a turning attempt might work pretty well (Take this, 'cause I'm a such a swell guy). A 3rd level paladin would also be able to take it... it'd make use of those turnings you might not find need of.

Lurking serpent returning to Midgard.
gtJormugand

SolidSnake

First Post
gtJormungand said:
Take Power Attack and Divine Might [DoF] if you go cleric. +2 to damage for 2 rounds for only a turning attempt might work pretty well (Take this, 'cause I'm a such a swell guy). A 3rd level paladin would also be able to take it... it'd make use of those turnings you might not find need of.

Lurking serpent returning to Midgard.
gtJormugand

Are there any prereqs for Divine Might? I don't have the book with me right now...also, you think I should pick up cleave or not?

Hejdun

First Post
I would suggest against taking Divine Might. You lose a standard action, only to gain a damage bonus of +2 on your next round. Not really worth it unless you are planning on pumping up your charisma.

Remember, the round in which you 'activate' Divine Might counts against the duration.

Willtell

First Post
There's a feat called Phalanx Fighting - +1 Bonus to AC when Wielding a Light Weapon or Spear & a Large Shield & +¼ Cover (+2 AC & +1 Reflex saves) if ally within 5 ft. also has this Feat

Remove ads