Speaking of White Wolf.. discussion of the end of the World of Darkness

DanMcS

Explorer
Kesh said:
Each of the three 'core' games has a Revised edition now. So, V:tM Revised, W:tA Revised and M:tA Revised.

Thanks, Kesh. So these are the rules the end of the world games will be published for?

Oh, and if you liked Mage, be ready for some changes. The Revised edition has advanced the metaplot... and the Ascension war is over. The Technocracy won, though it's a hollow victory. Now, the focus is on trying to convert those few newly Awakened individuals to one side or the other, as the end times approach.

Eh. Compared to ending the setting, the technocracy winning some battles is fairly minor. If I were going to complain about metaplot, I think I'd have bigger fish to fry. :)

Welverin

First Post
oh well

mouseferatu said:
Can't say, I'm afraid. I'm under so many NDAs that I think I'm actually up to owing them my 8th-born child, and 12 souls in addition to my own, if I spill anything. Only reason I could even say what I said above is that it's already been revealed.

What is making eight kids and collecting twelve souls really that much work?

Vocenoctum

First Post
frankthedm said:
What i am expecting in the next incarnation are less plot-tied rules:

No more 'masquerade friendly' vampire licking a claw or bite wound he made causes said wound to close.

no more world spanning masquerade.

No more cain

No more clans/ tribes determining powers.

I wonder about the Masquerade. Personally I like the Caine thing, so hopefully they keep it. I assume this one will not have a Gehenna hanging over it's setting, but who can tell?
I'll assume no Camarilla, nor Sabbat.

But, there WILL be splats. I can almost guarentee it. It's just too many supplements to lock yourself out of if you don't have them. Even Wraith, which had the barest hint of them, still managed to do splat books. :)
So, they'll be there.

I'm wondering what effect it'll have on the Dark Age games. If they keep those intact, then they could simply reset the world from then, still having major changes.

Mercule

Adventurer
Vocenoctum said:
II'm wondering what effect it'll have on the Dark Age games. If they keep those intact, then they could simply reset the world from then, still having major changes.

I'm actually hoping that they redo things from scratch. No Caine (even though I love him as the origin). No Triat (please, please, PLEASE, no Triat). No Charon.

It's not that I had any real disdain for any of the mythologies. I'd just like to see them be willing to throw out all the sacred cows.

The biggest thing that I want to see dumped is the Triat. It fit the Werewolf game (my least favorite game) pretty well, but eventually escaped and became a factor/paradigm in all the games. I'm not begrudging having decay, decline, and/or corruption as a universal factor -- that's all part of the setting. I just didn't like that the Werewolf religion became a universal truth. If WWGS wants to drop some dead weight, this is where I'd start.

Kesh

First Post
According to the press release, the Dark Ages games will remain unchanged and stay in print. Those are the only books to survive the End Times, since they're set in the past. ;)

Vocenoctum

First Post
Kesh said:
According to the press release, the Dark Ages games will remain unchanged and stay in print. Those are the only books to survive the End Times, since they're set in the past. ;)

Right, I knew I'd seen it somewhere, but couldn't place it, so tried not to state it :)

So, if we assume DA will still be the pre-game, then the changes might be;
No Cammie/sabbat
Wipe out the Ante's early, no Gehenna
It's after Tremere's whacking Saulot, so that's in, but maybe no Giovanni.

Remove ads