Special Conversion Thread: Tasked Genies

Cleon

Legend
That looks good. I think flame blade wasa good one to cut, also.

OK, let's use those SLAs then.

Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day—hide from animals, snare, speak with animals (caster level 9th). Once per day a hunter genie can turn invisible (caster level 12th) and use locate creature (caster level 12th) for 4 hours. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

I'll add what we've got so far to the Working Draft.

Have we decided on whether we're keeping Plane Shift or not? I'm leaning towards keeping it, since it helps them accompany higher-grade genies on interdimensional safaris.

Ready to work on Skills and Feats?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Actually, let's settle the favored quarry bit. I'd be happy enough just giving it favored enemy, but I can also see the appeal of something more versatile if you guys prefer.

Cleon

Legend
SLAs look good.

Keep plane shift.

Yes. :)

Hold on, I forgot to add the Infallible Tracking to the working draft...

...Fixed.

So, the Skills I proposed were Climb, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (nature), Listen, Move Silently, Ride, Spot, Survival and Use Rope.

We've got 10 skills and 81 skill ranks, so I suggest maxing out 8 skills (72 ranks) and dividing the remaining 9 ranks between Jump (4 ranks) and Use Rope (5 ranks).

Skills:
Climb 9, Hide 9, Jump 4, Knowledge (nature) 9, Listen 9, Move Silently 9, Ride 9, Spot 9, Survival 9, Use Rope 5.

As for feats so far we've only got bonus feats -
Endurance (B), Improved Initiative (B) and Track (B).

Combat Reflexes like a Jann and Point Blank Shot like a Herder Genie for the first two?

Run or Weapon Focus (spear) for the third feat?

Feats: Combat Reflexes, Endurance (B), Improved Initiative (B), Point Blank Shot, Track (B) plus one

Cleon

Legend
I'm fine with skills and feats, but what about the favored quarry bit?

I was thinking of an approach combining elements from a Ranger's Favoured Enemy and an Assassin's Death Attack.

Something like this (as a special concession it includes your peculiar transatlantic spellings):

Favored Quarry (Ex): If a hunter genie studies a creature for an (continuous) hour it can nominate that creature as its favored quarry. The hunter genie can study its quarry by watching or tracking it, which may require successful Spot checks to see the creature or Survival checks to follow its trail. A hunter genie gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks against a favored quarry. Likewise, it gets a +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls against a favored quarry. If the hunter genie studied an animal, magical beast, plant or vermin with an intelligence of 2 or less, the hunter genie considers all members of the studied creature's species as its favored quarry. If the genie studied an intelligent creature, only the individual the hunter genie studied becomes its favored quarry, it gains no special advantage against other creatures of the same race or species as its favored quarry.

A hunter genie can only have one favoured quarry at a time. If the quarry manages to elude the hunter genie for a week it ceases to be a favoured quarry. If a hunter genie stops pursuing a favored quarry for 24 hours it can "deselect" its favored quarry and start studying a new quarry.

Cleon

Legend

Any suggested changes?

Hmm, should it be "a (continuous) hour" instead of "an (continuous) hour"? It's "an hour", but I believe a bracketed insert should change the an to an a.

For that matter, I'm not sure continuous is quite right.

Would "an uninterrupted hour" be better?

Remove ads