Special Unit 2

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Bump to remind the block airs tomorrow. I'm going to try and tape all the episodes, cause it's become quite clear it'll never be released on DVD (which I would buy). Try to watch at least some of it! 8 am - 4 pm EST.

This. I loved the show, including the cheese factor. It just worked for me. I was seriously bummed out when it was canceled.

I know what you mean, and I agree.

Another person here who liked the show when it was first on.

Of course, those days, there were a lot of sci-fi/fantasy shows that made it to air a season or 2 and then just pffffffft!

Sliders and a few others besides X-Files had a good run.

M.A.N.T.I.S.? Earth 2? Misfits of Science? Crusade?

Friday the 13th: The Series? (A great show for modeling a modern fantasy campaign.)

Remember Space Above and Beyond? That show was tight- in some ways a precursor to the redux of Battlestar Galactica.

Or how about Jake 2.0...an obvious spiritual precursor to Chuck?

Never seen any of those (except Chuck and X-Files). Hmm...ever seen 7 Days? I liked it when it was on, I'm sure the premise was entirely implausible in retrospect now that I'm older, but it was entertaining. Seems to be on Spike now, but at like 3 or 4 am.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
7 Days was an excellent action show about a time-travel sphere powered by handwavium! I was ticked when it got cancelled. Its still better than a lot of stuff shown on Spike.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Sadly, I only got to see the last hour and a half because my job interview lasted WAAAAY longer than I anticipated. to add insult to inury, the VHS I prepared to tape the block wasn't set on the crap quality setting so instead of getting 8 hours out of it, it had about 3, which means it probably taped over itself and messed up everything (it was still recording when I got home). I need freaking TIVO!

/angry rant

Man, I love this show. At least I was able to see a bit of it. Also, I was pleasantly surprised that immediately following the last ep of SU2 was none other than...7 Days!

If sci-if channel were awesome like this more often, I might actually remember it exists day-to-day, instead of a bi-monthly "oh, right, that channel..." :)

DonTadow

First Post
Both wondering how many here have seen this very funny show already and also to post notice that t appears the sci-fi channel will be showing a "daytime rotation" of the show's episodes on November 6, from 8 am - 4 pm EST. I had heard Sci-fi was reairing the episodes, but had no luck finding them on, after seeing them during the original airing on UPN (yeah, it's a while back).

Did a websearch again today randomly on the site and actually got a result. It appears there was a similar block on 9/19, shame I've only been checking every few months.

I highly recommend checking it out. The show is about two Chicago police officers part of a secret division dealing with "links" -- their term for monsters in general. The premise is that evolution wasn't all that clean and the supposed "missing link" is actually many species, hence the name "links." The male lead is antisocial and seems to enjoy the violence a tad too much, complemented by the genuine caring of the female lead, though through the show those roles get toyed with a bit. My favorite character is Carl, a kleptomaniac gnome that is used as their snitch. In return, his (many) transgressions are overlooked. The feuds between him and Nick (male lead) are wonderful. The monsters, often times quite wacky, especially when not typical or classical selections. My favorite is the monster made entirely out of discarded human lard.

Schedule | On Air | SCIFI.COM

Special Unit 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so you two was home all day yesterday. I actually thought of coming on and starting a thread myself. I had never seen this show before, and then after watching 8 episodes wandered how the heck it never got picked back up. It was quirky, fun, good writing and a nice adventure. I'll put this up there with the Dreseden Files as shows never given a proper chance.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Well, I discovered something...interesting days after this, pleasantly surprising me. The site in question has a nasty history of being a jerk and deleting valorous people's accounts so umm...keep it quiet, please?

I put the address in my sig, if you're interested.

Remove ads