• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Species Names for Predators & Aliens

SilentJay

Explorer
Since the comics, and the novels based on them, aren't considered canon by Fox, there are no species names for the Aliens or Predators. In fact, the Predators are only refered as 'Predators' (with a capital P) in the titles of the movies. If you're using the comics, then yeah, the names mentioned are accurate.

DeBhaal

First Post
Actually, in reference the Antartica being used, and the 'hunting only in the hottest parts of the world during the hottest time of the year' ... the Predators that were there, weren't "Blooded" in otherwords, it was a right of passage, and it wasn't going to be easy on them.

Also, they wore heated netting, to keep their body temperature at a constant level.

Granted, they did it stupidly, and it -should- have been in the future on a colonist planet, but there actually is basis going back to the books.

.... Excepting the fact that Predators are supposed to be forbidden from hunting humans, because the challange isn't there in most cases .... but the Predator movies blew that out first anyway.

Talon5

First Post
A more interesting question

Back when Aliens came out a buddy of mine and I were talking about the evolution of the Aliens. They seemed to not reproduce through the act of sexual intercourse, meaning that they have to go the face hugger route.

With just a 24 hr + or - time table from Face Hugger to full Alien, I would say that the Alien home world would have to be over populated with the Aliens and not much else.

So I was thinking- genetic creation. Some aliens (not the lack of the capital A) created them for some purpose. Fast forward a few years and AvP comes out. The Predators love to hunt and use the Aliens as prey.

Where did the Aliens come from is a far more interesting question I think. Its my guess that they come from a Predator lab some where, or perhaps a race the Predators used to create them.

In any case AvP seemed to have it down from Face Hugger to full grown Alien in just under thirty minutes of so- but whatever, it worked for the movie.

DeBhaal

First Post
That was just for the AvP movie .. in none of the books does it represent the growth that quickly, my guess is they did it that fast, so that you didn't have the human explorers wandering around the temple for several days wondering why half their party is lost.

As I said, the movie could have been done a lot better, but it's not bad as a movie.

Also, someone brought this up that Ripley was trying to keep the Aliens from earth, and the advent of AvP kinda makes her goal pointless, my thought is that no one -excepting- perhaps the highest of the Wayland Corp aka the Company ever knew about the xenomorphs, and even they might not have. And the last Predator did kinda make it hard for the aliens to repopulate on earth, unless a certain something manages to swim up from the bottom of the south artic.

Remove ads