• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Speed Demon STUNT

BlackJaw

First Post
Speed/push limits/etc stunt.
piloting check to increase speed. Dc 10 for 30' extra with the DC increase of 5 for every extra 10" added, max DC 30 for 150' extra distance. This extra speed must be spent in a straight line all at once (at the start or end of movement?) and does can not be used with gliding. Like complex stunt, if this stunt it completed twice in move, only apply the highest extra amount. Turn modifier does not apply.

Aside from determing when you lose control (if you miss your set DC or if you miss it by 5 etc) this works....

maybe this stunt can only be done if you have the proper "speed demon feat?

does this work or am I missing something? This is essentialy weak runnings speed as a stunt.

Last edited:

Wyvern

Explorer
Speed Demon

The only problem with a flat bonus to movement is that it disproportionately benefits slow vessels. That is, a vessel with a speed of 90' is going to gain much more from the stunt than one with a speed of 300'.

If you make Speed Demon a feat, I don't think it should require a skill check; it should just give the pilot a +30' bonus to speed when operating a vessel. I like the skill version better, though. It's more flexible and more consistent with the rest of the piloting rules.

Good idea about requiring the extra speed to be in a straight line. I hadn't thought of that.

Wyvern

Remove ads