• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Speed Feats

Zym

First Post
Well all easy to obtain 3.5 WotC feats/SA:

PgTF - Fleet of Foot - is a regional feat and adds + 10 move.

XPH - Speed of thought - must maintain psi-focus.

Not Feats:

CW - Celerity Domain - granted power is +10 speed

UA - Quick Trait - +10 speed & subtract 1 hp/lvl

Barbarian - 1st level - + 10 feet

Thats fairly fast all and all considered. None are named bonuses unlike the monk and a few PrC's which are enhancements. Some/most require light armor max.

hong

WotC's bitch
Darklone said:
To say it with the wise words of an Indian scientist here:
IIIS IT?
No, sorry, you're right. I was just trolling. Fly is powerful because it _turns you into a fly_.

Just think of the possibilities! You could be a fly on the wall and spy on people. You could go into bars and be a barfly. If you ever have to bluff people, you would do it on the fly. It makes me flighty just thinking about it.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Well additional speed is good. The faster the better. Even +5 speed is good for a rogue, especially if he is small and only has 20 fts. of speed. I think dash can be a good feat for a 1st level rogue and such.

Eltern

First Post
Zym said:
UA - Quick Trait - +10 speed & subtract 1 hp/lvl

Well, actually, I could just take this, and then Imp. Toughness. Tada! +10 speed at the cost of a feat. (Convoluted, but the same effect).

Vrecknidj

Explorer
Being fast is powerful, but so is having SR or DR or being able to cast spells or use Great Cleave. I see no problem with a series of feats, each granting a +5' to speed, and being armor independent. Just make the first have somewhat tough prerequisites, and then make the prereqs continue to be difficult and make it so that it's not possible to get a +15' speed (or whatever) too quickly.

Dave

schnee

First Post
Don't forget Divine Vigor, a feat in Complete Divine. Lets you burn a turning to add 2 temp hp/level and increase your speed 10' for (CHA bonus) minutes.

Darklone

hong said:
No, sorry, you're right. I was just trolling. Fly is powerful because it _turns you into a fly_.

Just think of the possibilities! You could be a fly on the wall and spy on people. You could go into bars and be a barfly. If you ever have to bluff people, you would do it on the fly. It makes me flighty just thinking about it.
Guess what a certain potion with the letters "Fly" on it did to the dwarven fighter who drank it. :D

Was a big ugly fly.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
hong said:

No. I think you're wrong. The SRD states it otherwise.

SRD said:
Fly (Transmutation)
Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V,S,M
Castint time: 1 action
Range: Close
Target: One creature wearing pants
Duration: 1 round/level (see text)
Save: Will negates (see text)
SR: Yes
The target's fly is opened and a magic mouth effect loudly states "Your fly is open" which will result in a -2 embarrassment penalty to attacks and checks unless he makes his save. The penalty applies as long as the fly remains open (it can be closed as a move action) and 1 round/level after

Material Component: a zipper

Remove ads