• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spell-free bard variant (w/song list)

General Barron

First Post
This is a followup to an old thread I posted. I had been looking for a variant bard that didn't have spells (similar to the spell-free ranger and paladin variants in the Complete Warrior). Not finding one, I made one of my own. Here's the basic rundown:

*Spells removed
*Skill points upped to 8/level
*A few minor abilities added (one to enhance UMD skill; a couple adaptations from 2nd ed bard abilities)
*Bardic music reworked. Created a ton of new songs. Characters now get a new song every level (their choice).
*Clarified and expanded rules on some existing class features.

Let me know what you think. There are perhaps two main areas that should be tackled separately: the class features, including song progression, and the individual songs themselves. Some of the individual songs might be slightly unbalanced (needing adjustments to required level/etc), but I'd also like to know if, as a whole, the class concept seems balanced. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• bardnew.rtf
    21.5 KB · Views: 209

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads