• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spell Immunity vs Spells with different levels

Gorgon

First Post
When I use spell immunity to gain immunity to spells with differing spell levels do I gain immunity to the spell regardless of who casts it.

eg. I cast spell immunity and choose Flame Strike. Am i immune to this spell regardless of whether a druid or cleric casts it, or only when a druid casts it.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Gorgon said:
When I use spell immunity to gain immunity to spells with differing spell levels do I gain immunity to the spell regardless of who casts it.

eg. I cast spell immunity and choose Flame Strike. Am i immune to this spell regardless of whether a druid or cleric casts it, or only when a druid casts it.
The way I rule: there are two conditions for Spell Immunity to function. The spell must be one of the spells chosen, and it must be 4th-level or lower. If it's not the right spell, no immunity. If the spell is higher than 4th-level, through natural means or Heighten Spell, no immunity. But reading through the spell description, I'm not entirely sure I'm not House Ruling it...

Chronosome

First Post
Spell Immunity says: The warded creature is immune to the effects of one specified spell for every four levels you have. The spells must be of 4th level or lower.

Skip Williams' most recent Rules of the Game says: When an interaction between two spells depends on the spell's levels, use whatever level the caster is using. For example, globe of invulnerability excludes spell effects of 4th level or lower. The globe would exclude a dominate person spell from a bard, but not from a sorcerer or wizard.

Flame Strike says: Clr 5, Drd 4, Sun 5, War 5

So, yep, only a druid's flame strike would be negated. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads