• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spell Penetration is kinda bla

Thanee

First Post
Oh, there are plenty possibilities outside combat.

I'm just saying, that the feat allows to use take 10 and take 10 is not allowed in combat... if it was meant to be used in combat, then it should have said so (or at least they should errata it soon).

I totally agree, that it is not overly useful that way!

Bye
Thanee

schulerta

First Post
You are right, they should be a lot more clear.

From the SRD:

Ability Checks and Caster Level Checks: The normal take 10 and take 20 rules apply for ability checks. Neither rule applies to caster level checks.

That stipulation leaves so much open to interpretation. Are there other (abnormal) rules that do apply to caster level checks and taking 10 or 20? There aren't, at least not ones I can find.

I have been going to D20 Law School for 5 years now, and I still don't feel like I could pass the Bar Exam.

Troy

Nail

First Post
Re: Clr1/Sor12

Charm domain? He converted to my Clr's religion, and took the Luck and Sun domains. True, the Sun domain isn't great (with only 1 Clr level), but that luck domain power is well-used.

;)

Last edited:

Nail

First Post
Huh. Hadn't noticed that.

<WAY off topic>

We've been using these same PCs since level 1 or so, and my Clr has been after everyone to convert to his religion (Luck, Sun). -- In a nice way, of course --

'Round about level 7, my Clr started to get a bit more persuasive. After all, Recitation is a great 4th level spell.....but only if you cast it on followers of the same religion. Eventually, all but the Clr/Sor were converted.

The Clr/Sor took some more serious persuasion. After all, he was CN and worshipped Boccob (magic & knowledge). My Clr was NG and worshipped the "Sun of Fate". It was a tough sell. :) Finally, I convinced him by pointing out the domain power "Luck". (He fails more than his share of saving throws.) I wish I could have thrown in the Magic domain power...but couldn't, given my Clrs religion.

Now that we're ~13 level, I've turned my conversion attempts on those of the Enemy we're able to capture. Those MOTEs (Mooks Of The Enemy) should convert to the side of Good! They should become HoGGs! (Helpers of Good Guys)

....or somethin'. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads