• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Spelljammer] Man-O-War, Approach

MAN-O-WAR - APPROACH
A Man-O-War approaches a far-off planet, a sell-sword on the top deck looks back from whence they came...

made with pre-release version of Vue 7.5 (test version) so not as perfect as I'd have wanted, but...did let me do some fun tricks :p
galaxy effect i made with a brush in Photoshop, fyi!

showing the rear of the Man-O-War for a change.

[sblock="Man-O-War, approach"]
manowar_approach.jpg

[/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
The stars look a bit artificial I think. Too much red... At this distance, most of them should look white I think... I like the "galaxy" though and the planet is pretty.

Silversun

Banned
Banned
That's a lot of bi/trinary systems, it's an implication of an older galaxy. Nothing wrong with that.

Awesome pic. :cool:

Last edited:

Silversun,
cheers mate! :)

oh I should note, my work is NOT meant ot be very realistic, it's usually altered in Photoshop etc to give it a look that I like, ya know? :)
Photo-realism isn't my thing, for 3D, though my models are very detailed etc.

Last edited:

hanasays

First Post
The stars look a bit artificial I think. Too much red... At this distance, most of them should look white I think... I like the "galaxy" though and the planet is pretty.

I'm inclined to agree with this.

Since you say you like the look, though, and aren't going for 'photorealism' I think part of the problem with the stars is that the stars on the left are very white, and the ones on the right are very red, without much fade between the two... it's like one side of the planet is all white, the other side all red. Maybe you could have a bit more fade between the two - either bring some of the red over into the left side, or some of the white over into the right side.

Remove ads