• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spells to fill gaps in the SRD

donm61873

First Post
I'm looking for spells that fill holes in the SRD, for example:

Disintegration Field, Mass Fly, Teleport Block, Thief Ward and X-Ray Vision, all from Complete Book of Eldritch Might. Each of these fills a gap in the SRD -- especially Teleport Block and Thief Ward.

Anyone have any other examples? I'm putting together my Christmas order for the EN World store

Laman Stahros

First Post
Mass Fly is in the Spell Compendium. Divert Teleport from the Expanded Psionics Handbook is the closest I can find to Teleport Block in WotC products.

Li Shenron

Legend
Tome & Blood filled some "holes" with the following:

Chain Contingency - not necessary, but quite a classic
Command Undead - covers the role of charms for undead
Dimensional Lock - blocks teleportation
Filter - something to protect you against poisonous clouds and fog spells
Gaze Screen - something to protect you against gaze attacks

and the Mass versions of Darkvision, Fly, Resist Elements and Teleport.

Masters of the Wild had a series of Regeneration spells.

Defenders of the Faith had lots of spells, but maybe the only truly new effect was Genesis (a domain spell) which creates a demiplane.

Song & Silence had a few very flavorful bardic spells, including a version of Silence (called Zone of Silence IIRC) which was more interesting than the normal one (it couldn't be used to prevent spellcasting, but only to actually be silent).

donm61873

First Post
Unfortunately, all of those are WotC, ie, non-OGL. I'm looking for non-WotC sources, which is why I cited the "Complete Book of Eldritch Magic"...

Remove ads