• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spider-Man 2 tanks at the box office this weekend

Fast Learner

First Post
Dimwhit said:
There are websites that adjust movie box office numbers for inflations. Doesn't give number if tickets, but it's close. I believe Gone With the Wind still kicks every other movie out there (including Titanic) for total tickets sold. People still don't see movies today as much as they did in the golden days of Hollywood (40's and 50's or so).

Edit: Here is a good site with inflation-adjusted numbers. (Well, doesn't have the dollars, but it ranks the movies--interesting list.)
Were the two links I posted previously (to BoxOfficeMojo and Filmsite) invisible?

dagger

Adventurer
Yea we have those here, I have seen them in Exxon's and 7 Elevens. Called "EZD's" or something.....

They stop working after 48 hours.....

Easier than renting because you dont have to return the darn things... ;)

Tarrasque Wrangler said:
I think Hand of Evil was referring to DVDs that "self-destruct" after X amount of plays or length of time. I know Disney was working on such a technology.

So, you take Little Mermaid out of the case, it gets exposed to air and starts deteriorating. Your kids watch it every night for 6 months. You find yourself at work humming "Kiss the Girl" while making copies. Then you come home one day and the kids are crying because the disc won't play anymore. You have to schlep down to Target and buy another one, and somewhere, Michael Eisner buys a new pony.

Last edited:

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
I think Hand of Evil was referring to DVDs that "self-destruct" after X amount of plays or length of time. I know Disney was working on such a technology.

So, you take Little Mermaid out of the case, it gets exposed to air and starts deteriorating. Your kids watch it every night for 6 months. You find yourself at work humming "Kiss the Girl" while making copies. Then you come home one day and the kids are crying because the disc won't play anymore. You have to schlep down to Target and buy another one, and somewhere, Michael Eisner buys a new pony.

And THIS coming from the leaders of the "Limited Sale Time" DVD?!?!?! Geez!! If they're gonna do this then they need to stop with the "available for a limited time only" crap!! :confused:

Darth K'Trava

First Post
dagger said:
Yea we have those here, I have seen them in Exxon's and 7 Elevens. Called "EZD's" or something.....

They stop working after 48 hours.....

Easier than renting because you dont have to return the darn things... ;)

Great. Something else to throw in our already overflowing landfills...... :\

Remove ads