• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spider-Man 2: The Game (Spoilers)

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I got this game on Thursday and have played it virtually none stop since, other than sleep and now while I'm at work. I'm playing it on the X-Box and am having a blast just swinging around the city.

About the only thing that drove me nuts was getting over to the Statue of Liberty while dealing with some of Mysterios stuff. Just couldn't get the hang of it and eventually got lucky and ended up over there. Then it took me nearly an hour to take care of all 8 orbs.

The chases with the Black Cat are both fun and annoying at the same time. Most though I just like swinging around the city and helping random citizens. :) When I'm swinging around the city I really feel like Spider-Man. It took me about a half an hour to get good at it, but I would not say I've even come close to perfecting swinging yet.

I love the combat system, which is simple and yet feels quite powerful and has some strategy to it. The Rhino took a couple times to take down, but Shocker was cake.

If I am still playing this by Thursday of next week (when I get paid) this will be a game I'll purchase. This has to be the best movie tie in/superhero game, ever.

Express

First Post
Psychotic Dreamer said:
I got this game on Thursday and have played it virtually none stop since, other than sleep and now while I'm at work. I'm playing it on the X-Box and am having a blast just swinging around the city.

About the only thing that drove me nuts was getting over to the Statue of Liberty while dealing with some of Mysterios stuff. Just couldn't get the hang of it and eventually got lucky and ended up over there. Then it took me nearly an hour to take care of all 8 orbs.

The chases with the Black Cat are both fun and annoying at the same time. Most though I just like swinging around the city and helping random citizens. :) When I'm swinging around the city I really feel like Spider-Man. It took me about a half an hour to get good at it, but I would not say I've even come close to perfecting swinging yet.

I love the combat system, which is simple and yet feels quite powerful and has some strategy to it. The Rhino took a couple times to take down, but Shocker was cake.

If I am still playing this by Thursday of next week (when I get paid) this will be a game I'll purchase. This has to be the best movie tie in/superhero game, ever.

I ve been thinking of getting this. Its gotten good reviews, and the GTA esque play style appeals to me.

My question is: Do the non Hero missions get repitious?

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
So far they haven't. There are a handful of different missions; rescue someone hanging from a roof, get an injured person to the hospital, catch a stolen car, armored car robery, catch a car the police are chasing, stop criminals from shooting at the police, once in a while a store robery and then there are random purse snatchings that happen. So it has been varied enough to keep me amused for the past couple of days. Plus it's a blast just exploring the city.

frankthedm

First Post
how GTA like is the game?

I am looking for something to tide me over to San Andreas.

does the game prevent you from manhandleing innocents?[not physicly possible/damaging your character]

GodPhoenix

First Post
Ok...i've seen it a few times now...what does GTA mean?

I have a few friends that have picked up Spidey2 and they all seem to love it...especially just webbing around manhattan.

Wonko the Sane

First Post
Warning: The PC version of this game is over way too quickly. Took me about 2 hours to finish.

It would have been nice if it was longer - the web-swinging thing was a lot of fun while it lasted.

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I just did some checking and the PC and Console version of the game are basically entirely different games. Everything points to the PC version being a very poor imatation of the Console version. Quite odd.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
GTA means Grand Theft Auto, they asre reall free form games that exploded in popularity after GTA3 and they solidly follwed it up with GTA vice city. If you don't have them but the GTA double pack there amazing games.

Spidey2 rocks, and no you can't beat the snot out of inoocent civillians. Civillians are intangible to you. Cars are not destructable unless its one your chasing. Its gTa like in that you have almost complete free form travel throughout the city whcih is bigger than GTA cities IMO. The only non freeform aspect is various timed missions pop and you have to chase off to some place. Never got bored though I got through the game too quickly for my taste, I should of stopped and beat up some bad guys more in stead of taking the plot advancing missions. Still at the end you have a freeform game you can continue to play.

And dear lord mysterio sucked, getting out to the statue took a couple of tries, and then taking out the orbs took some doing and then I had trouble getting on top of the statue to defeat the last step so the freakin orbs repoped like 4 times. I had fun but dang I was getting frustrated.

Only pet peve is the goons and I mean waek random goons got too solid of a defense some times, on the Xbox learn to love left trigger+yellow.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Upon thinking about it I'd say this game was much more like Streets of LA without the really, really, really bad choice in music.(that being there was no choice it was all rap all the time) Heck you even get upgrades sort of like the shooting and driving upgrades in streets of LA. NY isn't as well mapped as LA but it its more 3 dimensional in useage.

Remove ads