Spider's Path

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The heavily treed slope and bank cause some problems here and there to see all the creek, but the ripples are evident. The hill is slightly steep, but does not have the brambles and underbrush like the forest on the other side of the path.

[sblock=OOC]Attaching map, key below

brown = path
blue = creek
dark green = forest (difficult terrian)
light green w/olive circles = forest (but not difficult)
black circles = players
note: in the DMG you can get a +2 AC bonus while in a forest (ducking behind trees)
distance from creek to path = 50' mostly up hill [/sblock]

Attachments

• path and creek.jpg
    path and creek.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora leaned on her glaive and eyed the water. It was no log that was sure enough, as logs can't dive underwater at will. The girl listened to the others' suggestions and replied after a brief moment: "Why would the snake go out of it's natural habitat and territory, to attack a group instead of a single target? Plus, we are traversing a road, i doubt we are the first people it sees. However i don't want to have the thing slither about and attack a lone traveler if it is indeed aggressive enough. Onesimus throw the stone and let's see what it does."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Taking a step back the warrior steps into a throw that sends the rock arching over the trees and hits the water with a large "ker-plop".

The ripples hardly have time to form as three long necked heads emerge from the water, one dips down snapping at where the rock hit the water. The center head looks to the sky and let's out a huge roar as the last head skreeches and looks about, it sees the party and it's open mouth hiss shows rows of very sharp teeth.

As one the other two heads turn to look up at where the party stands on thier hill top.

[sblock=OOC] RUN!! [/sblock]

Attachments

• Hydra_2_by_el_grimlock.jpg
    Hydra_2_by_el_grimlock.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 123

Myth and Legend

First Post
[sblock]A snake that can roar? Anyway, if it's a Hydra then Lora will know about it due to her Knowledge: Arcana that can give information on Magical Bests. Even with this cruddy roll she should still know what it is, despite not knowing that it does or what can kill it. BTW my spells for the day are in the RG, and i think i posted an OOC comment when Lora tried to ID the scrolls. Knowledge: Arcana 1d20+10=12 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth's jaw drops as the triple-headed monster rears out of the water. Not even bothering to wait for Lora to give an order, the duskblade shouts "Hydra? Run!" and then follows his own advice, following the path to Harkon Manor as fast as he can.

[sblock=OOC]
Know: Arcana roll of 27. Apparently, I know lots about hydras...
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ML] Hmmm.. I was going to go right to harkon Manor but wanted Lora to have a chance to lead in combat, she is always giving commands. But I wanted this to be a no standard situation to see how she reacts. She knows alot I'm sure of meeting the enemy on the open field, but that isn't always the case, so a little push to help her learn something new. Now remember that first fight with the 5th lvl fighter you need not "win" just survive, I don't really award the XP for killing monsters anyway. I think the group gets more XP after a week of roleplaying than combat which is how it should be. Well good luck to General Lora, can't wait to see how this plays out. [/sblock]

[sblock=DW] Maybe do to stories told by your old teacher you have heard of the Hydra of Serpent Creek. You will know all abilities like how hard it is to kill (i.e. fast healing), and that you need to burn the neck after a head is cut off or two more grow back, basically everything from the monster list. [/sblock]

[sblock=Everyone] I guess init and what you have in hand would be what I need for your next posts and tell me if you run or ready an action. Jareth is on his way down the path anyone following. LOL [/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora shrieked once she saw the monster and waved her hand: "RETREAT NOW!" pointing downwards. She stayed in her spot at the rearguard, as Trinham was not suited to be the buffer between the monster and the party. [sblock]Well I'm not sure what generalship is required of Lora, she is not an idiot and she is not going to risk getting everyone shredded in fighting a monster that is not our primary target nor is obstructing our way :)[/sblock]

Sphyh

First Post
Onesimus arm hangs in the air after his throwing motion and remains motionless in air as he sees the three headed beast rise out of the water. He cocks his head slightly to the side as if to say to Lora "Orders?" while keeping his gaze fixed on the creature. As soon as the word "retreat" was mentioned his mind kicked into gear and his muscles snapped into motion as he goes into a dead sprint down the path towards the manor.

[sblock=action]
initiative 1d20+1=17

Full round action run
(constitution score is a 16 just in case we are running for a long time lol)
[/sblock]

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Claude looks at the beast that has just risen and shakes his head at the monstrosity. "Mon Dieu..." He whispers in awe of this creature,"We had a hard enough time with the ettercap how are we supposed to defeat this." Jareth begins running causing Claude narrow his eyes at him. {How dare he break rank, he is quick to anger and quick to flee also} Claude thinks as he reaches back for an arrow while giving Lora a sideways glance to see her orders. Lora calls for a retreat and Claude quickly puts the bow on his back and begins bolting with the group.

[sblock]
just for hells sake: would we have been able to kill that damned thing?
all of the writing in between the {} is Claude thoughts, I think it will be easier to read that way
[/sblock]

Remove ads