• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spined Devil DDM 2.0 stats

GrinningBuddha

First Post
We have the RPG stats already, but I thought I'd post the DDM stats as well, for those who partake of such pleasures:

Here are the DDM stats:

21 pts - Spined Devil
Lvl 6
AC 20
Def 18
Speed F7
HP 45

Also of note is that between AC and Def is a blue bar and icon and between Def and Speed is a purple bar and icon. They look like more than just card dressing.

Attack actions:
(Melee symbol) Claw: +11 vs AC: 15 dmg
(Ranged symbol) Spine Rain: (range 10) +8 vs. Defense (Ref); 15 AND Slowed (Speed 2)

Abilities: Evil - Devil - Resist Fire 20

Special Powers:
2x Spine Shield: Until the start of this creature's next turn, attackers making (melee symbol) attacks against this creature take 10 Damage.

Flavor:
These cruel fiends delight in esoteric methods of torture.

One last thing:
No faction symbol (alignment). Perhaps the blue and purple icons represent Law and Evil? Doubtful, but I can't really offer another explanation at this point.

Frostmarrow

First Post
It has been mentioned that there are new factions in DDM. I think Wilderness and Civilization were mentioned but there are more. The purple might indicate outsider or some such.

erf_beto

First Post
hmmmm... can we get a picture of that? ;)
I like the idea of symbols... I've been doing something like that, but they beat me I guess :p

GrinningBuddha

First Post
erf_beto said:
hmmmm... can we get a picture of that? ;)
I like the idea of symbols... I've been doing something like that, but they beat me I guess :p

sdevil.jpg

ZappoHisbane

First Post
Hmm. No action type listed for the Spine Shield (replaces attacks, swift, etc).

Also note that the melee symbol is circled at the top of the card, while it's not when mentioned in the Spine Shield description, nor is the ranged symbol circled. I wonder what that indicates?

GrinningBuddha

First Post
ZappoHisbane said:
Also note that the melee symbol is circled at the top of the card, while it's not when mentioned in the Spine Shield description, nor is the ranged symbol circled. I wonder what that indicates?

Careless proofreading? :)

Honestly, I can't see it being intentional, as having a sword with a circle around it to indicate 2 attacks vs a sword by itself indication one attack is quite easy to miss and would lead to confusion.

ZappoHisbane

First Post
The first thing that jumped to mind is 'primary attack'. Not that I have any idea what that would mean. :p I'm also leaning towards that it may indicate magic damage, or more simply put, that this attack bypasses DR.

erf_beto

First Post
GrinningBuddha: thanks for the pick :)
To me, the circle around melee symbol was 'primary attack' too, but why would DDM need it? AoO? :confused:
As for aligment, It became some sort of 'ability': Evil. Weird, huh? On the other hand, I kinda like - now it will only matter when it matters the most. :p
Also, wasnt the Spined Devil a skirmisher? Nothing about that as well, huh? and I thought these titles were meant to make d&d more boardgame like...
But what really surprised me was the Spine Rain:
(Ranged symbol) Spine Rain: (range 10) +8 vs. Defense (Ref); 15 AND Slowed (Speed 2)
Why do we need to know that a power targets a Reflex save/defense, when we dont have Reflex in the (DDM) game?

Edit: have you noticed how that purple thingie looks like an eye? (tilt you head a little...) Could that be the 'nethersight' sense that was in the RPG stats?

Last edited:

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Pure speculation:

I guessing the purple and blue symbol are the new faction. To me it looks like there are four faction "slots" between the stats. They probably fill in the ones that that the creature belongs to, and leave the others blank.

For Defense (Ref), the reflex part might be a descriptor that affects other abilities. For example a rogue might have Evasion (Takes no damage on a failed attack against Defense [Ref]).

Remove ads