• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spirit of Healing on enemy's space

DNH

First Post
Something came up in our game last night and I can’t seem to find a clear answer anywhere. I am hoping you people can clear this up for me.

The party’s cleric cast Spirit of Healing (Level 6 Utility) at the beginning of a big fight and started moving it around as per the rules. No problem there. At one point, he moved it onto an ally’s space … hmm, okay. No problem there either as the power says “When an ally in the spirit’s square or adjacent to it …” which suggests that is okay.

Then he tried to move it onto the enemy’s square … hmm. To get things moving along, I ruled that was not permitted but that I would investigate further for future reference. Having done a little more research this morning, I am not much wiser but now leaning towards allowing it.

Spirit of Healing is a conjuration which means that it “occupies no squares”. That is the closest I can get to a rule stating that it *could* in fact be moved onto the enemy’s square.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Will Doyle

Explorer
Unless stated otherwise in the power description, conjurations should be allowed to enter enemy squares. Some (like a wizard's flaming sphere) cannot - but they're written as "you summon an X that occupies its square in an unoccupied square within range".

A Spirit of Healing doesn't specify this, so it should be allowed to enter enemy squares freely. Can't enter blocking terrain though: walls, pillars, and the like.

Remove ads