Spirit of the Century: The Dwellers of the Forbidden City...

Roger

First Post
This is just me, but I'd be tempted to skip over screwing around in Cairo. Start the game when they enter the Forbidden City. Possibly by zeppelin.

Over in the Other Board, this is a fun thread that you might find helpful:
[SotC] Location Cards - RPGnet Forums

(And while you're at it, you might want to check out [SotC] Minions Cards - RPGnet Forums too.)

The Doc Savage book Land of Long Juju seems to be set in an African jungle, so that might help.

Cheers,
Roger

ajanders

Explorer
It takes away from the Lost City aspect if you just bop over and find it.
I would suggest travel is one of the thrills of the pulp genre: it's not easy, not boring, and gives minions of the Evil Mastermind (tm) lots of time to stage ambushes, play tricks, and otherwise perform skullduggery.

A Doc Savage book just isn't a Doc Savage book without being tailed, intercepted, ambushed, or redirected. Occasionally you get all of them at the same time.

Pbartender

First Post
Actually, I thought about it, Roger, but...

It takes away from the Lost City aspect if you just bop over and find it.
I would suggest travel is one of the thrills of the pulp genre: it's not easy, not boring, and gives minions of the Evil Mastermind (tm) lots of time to stage ambushes, play tricks, and otherwise perform skullduggery.

A Doc Savage book just isn't a Doc Savage book without being tailed, intercepted, ambushed, or redirected. Occasionally you get all of them at the same time.

...all that, and I wanted to make certain that non-combat, non-survival type characters had some time to shine.

Remove ads