• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Spirits of Rock and Sky] plot seeds for the Enierd now added

reason

First Post
Chapter Two, all about the Enierd and their interesting way of life, has now been enriched with nineteen plot seeds. I know that took me far too long (even at only one per page), but go look!

http://www.twilightminds.com/sorasfull.html

Comments are always welcome. Per usual, my plot seeds are violence-light. Violence is always easy to add to plots, but hard to remove. Plot seeds should present interesting character conflicts, insights into the way in which a society works, or other novel ideas.

Here's one to give you the idea...

LAT'S TALE

Frostbitten, incoherent, more dead than alive, Lat of the Reti stumbled back to his small community. It had been sixteen wakes since he had been given up for dead. While breaking thick hoarfrost from Tefa’s Scarp, he had climbed too high. The screaming winds swept him to the far side and into the unknown depths beyond.

Lat’s Tale is soon heard in Fatek and other Reti communities. How he lay on a sheltered slope amid frozen, ancient bodies for wakes. How he struggled futilely to ascend the Scarp when his senses returned to him. How the trapped spirits of the dead spoke to him in whispers amid the wind.

Lat recalls only disconnected parts of his return from the far side of Tefa’s Scarp. He will be little help to the small groups of seekers who come to his community to hear his Tale firsthand.

The lure of the Tale spreads far and wide as cycles pass, embellished with stories of divine materials and Frost Gatherer spirits hidden behind Tefa’s Scarp. The territory of the Reti begins to see many unusual travelers from the Great Temple, the Katar and Wohken Gap communities. What could they want? What old legend have these seekers found that gives Lat’s Tale special and vital significance? Is there a prize waiting beyond Tefa’s Scarp, and what would it be worth to seekers from far communities?

---

Now, onwards with rewriting Chapter Three: The Cult of Io Hejin, The One God.

Reason

Remove ads