Spoiler test...

LightPhoenix

First Post
I personally don't like it at all. While it is neat, I feel the current solution is much more elegant in it's simplicity. Also, I think the current solution just looks nicer, doesn't interrupt the flow of text as much.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Michael Morris said:
It might be possible to configure it so that only a given user can see the spoiler.

That would be interesting... (and worth looking into.)

I do agree with Lightphoenix, I really dislike how it breaks up the flow of text, but if the above could be done that would be worthwhile.

Michael Morris

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
I personally don't like it at all. While it is neat, I feel the current solution is much more elegant in it's simplicity. Also, I think the current solution just looks nicer, doesn't interrupt the flow of text as much.

The highlight solution will require that I change the highlight colors because on the new default scheme the background is very close to black instead of grey and it's too easy to lose track of it.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Michael, to be honest as someone who has used more than a few old and ugly monitors and their for it didn’t note the difference between the gray background and black spoiler… It really isn’t that hard to see it if someone makes note of it appearing in the thread. :) (which is normaly the etiquette on such things)

Berandor

lunatic
Well, there's a similar spoiler system on DND-Gate.de, the German website I frequent. And the biggest problem of it is that the spoiler breaks the text flow.

You adapt to it, all right, but mostly by using less spoilers :)

Starman

Adventurer
I like it. I would like it even more if you could limit who could read it. That would be very cool for PbPing, IMHO.

Starman

Timeboxer

Explorer
...y'know, I can read the spoiler text in the mouseover for the thread. This seems like it would probably not be intended functionality.

Knight Otu

First Post
Nice spoiler box, and should be useful in most circumstances, but as Brother Shatterstone said, there are some instances where the black on black functionality would be better. Hmmm... do we have a tag for back-ground color?

Especially with the black banground on the style I'm using where its impossible to see where spoiler text is without looking hard.
I have added (brackets) around the spoilers I post for that reason. Doesn't look too good with the spoiler box, though. ;)

Remove ads