• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Spoiler] What happened to your Meepo?

Dragonbait

Explorer
Meepo was well received in my group (we had a soft spot for the underdog races). We kept him out of combat, and even when he was pulled into it, he still survived. We left him with the kobolds, who saw him as something of a powerful warrior (he gained a level while he was with us).

Much later we passed by the SC again, and Meepo had found us. He was a fighter/rogue with a story about trolls that attacked the farming town near the SC and his people. We stopped the trolls, and Meepo joined us. He was there when we fought a green dragon, and was out of the area of effect of its breath weapon that killed all the PCs.

sooo.. Meepo outlived all of us.

As for Erky.. He was there, and a real help, but he did not have that 'oomph' that Meepo had.

Klaus

First Post
Meepo eventually betrayed the kobold queen and took leadership of the tribe, now that Calcryx received submission through the hands of some lofty adventurers.

Already a skilled sorcerer, Meepo is using Calcryx's blood to infuse kobold eggs. He now rules a tribe with about 30 half-white dragon kobolds as bodyguards.

Oryan77

Adventurer
My players were all new to D&D & SC was the first module I ran for them. They didn't intereact with Meepo much. The felt sorry for him, used him as a guide, then let him go back to the queen. If it happened today, they would probably be all about roleplaying with Meepo. I could see Meepo being like their little brother who they'll risk death for just to save him from danger.

shaylon

First Post
My mage recently brokered a deal with Meepo to help our group fight our way out of the Against the Giants module.

OK, it wasn't Meepo, but I pretended it was. Or was it Meepo?

-Shay

Harmon

First Post
Conned into helping us, then eaten by a white dragon wyrmling. We moarned his passing for about half a second, then moved on- some of us were planning to kill him in his sleep. :)

Roadkill101

Explorer
Meepo was slain immeadiately by one of my players soon as he realized I was describing a Kobold. It went something to the effect of "It's a Kobold. I'm drawing (my sword) and attacking." Not that this guy's character necessarily knew a Kobold from a Goblin or anything else.

Asmo

First Post
He became a close friend to the chaotic sorcerer who taught him the basics of "the pure magic". He followed the party ( as a 1st lvl sorceror) to the Forge of Fury where he was eaten by the brown (?) bear with most of the party - the halfling rogue was the only one to survive that encounter.

Asmo

Bloodsparrow

First Post
The female half orc cleric of St. Cuthbert converted him. (That actually didn't play out as silly in game as it sounds typed out here.) He was given a small share in money and a large crossbow. He decided that he'd rather hang out with the group then stay with the Queen.

I think he had a crush on the Cleric who went out of her way to heal him and safe his life. He followed us and fought with us all the way through the rest of the module and into the next one. Which was "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil".

His reaction to "Ultreshimon" (sp?) was interesting as he was being run by a visiting friend at the time.

We tried to get him something smaller to use in battle but the only thing he loved more then the Cleric was the large crossbow... We finally put the damn thing on wheels so he wouldn't slow us down so much.

I wanted to kill him.

Best lines ever...

"This is meepo."
"It's a kobold..."
"Yes, I've been teaching him the ways of St. Cuthbert."
"... You've been proselytizing to a kobold?!"
"... Yes."
"... Well Sister. It's admirable that you do not shirk away from a... challenge."

orbitalfreak

First Post
Meepo wasn't received very well by my players; he was sort of dumped on them by the Queen to act as a guide (more for her benefit than the PCs'). He managed to help the party find the dragon, who managed to seriously wound most of the characters (and kill Meepo!) with a single breath. Undamaged in the first round, Calcryx tried to flee out of the doorway to his prison, but the dwarf fighter managed to connect with an AoO, critting, and her dwarven battleaxe split the beast in two.

The frozen Meepo was forgotten, and eventually his body thawed and was eaten by rodents.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads