• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SPOILERS] FR Trilogy of the Avatars novels

poilbrun

Explorer
I just finished reading the Trilogy of the Avatars novels, and something puzzles me:
If you do not want the end of the book to be revealed, stop reading now...
At the end, Cyric takes the portfolios from Bhaal, Bane and Myrkul. However, I know from the FRCS that Kelemvor is the God of the Dead in Myrkul's stead. How does the change happen? Where is it explained? Is there a novel explaining it?

Thanks for the answer.

PS: Was there a sourcebook explaining what happened during the Time of Troubles? I know that three adventures were published (bearing the same names as the novels), but the novels and the adventures only explains what revolves around Midnight, Kelemvor, Cyric and Adon. Where could I find info about the gods they do not encounter?

NewbyDM

First Post
you have to read the book: Prince of Lies.
Its a sequel of the avatar series.

After the prince of lies there is another sequel:
Crucible: Trail of cyric the Mad.

grtz
NwbDM

nick

First Post
The two sequels to the series are a lot more interesting, and don't seem to drag on like the avatar trilogy did.

Napftor

Explorer
A good follow-up for these novels is the FR hardcover with the pic of the woman on her horse. It's called Forgotten Realms Adventures and brings FR from 1st to 2nd edition, including explanations surrounding the ToT. And definitely read the other 2 novels mentioned by NewbyDM.

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
This should probably be in the SF/Fantasy board. :)

Edit: Hrm ... but it is RPG. Oh well, I'll leave it here. :D

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Also, the Forgotten Realms hardcover mentioned by Napftor is available as an ESD on Wizards' web site (SJGames sells it now, correct?)

Davelozzi

Explorer
Where could I find info about the gods they do not encounter?

There are mentions of what the other gods were up to during the Time of Troubles in various other sources, particularly Faiths & Avatars and it's sequels, Powers & Pantheons and Demihuman Dieties.

Off the top of my head:
Selune and Shar battling in Waterdeep (old AD&D comic series)

Labelas Enoreth (sp?) - elven god of longevity - appears in old Forgotten Realms comic series, along with Clangeddin Silverbeard and possibly Malar, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, I can't quite remember where the action takes place.

Umberlee - in the Inner Sea, making big waves near the Pirate Isles (Pirates of the Inner Sea)

Red Knight - in the Forest of Tethir, combating some sort of invasion (?) - Powers & Pantheons

Tiamat & Gilgeam - taking turns slaying each other in and around Unther (F&A, P&P)

Iyachtu Xvim - trapped under Zhentil Keep (Ruins of Zhentil Keep boxed set)

Ilbrandul - killed somewhere in the underdark by Shar (F&A)

poilbrun

Explorer
Ashtal said:
This should probably be in the SF/Fantasy board. :)

Edit: Hrm ... but it is RPG. Oh well, I'll leave it here. :D
You now understand why I didn't know where to post it either and decided to post it in the general forum! :p

Davelozzi said:
There are mentions of what the other gods were up to during the Time of Troubles in various other sources, particularly Faiths & Avatars and it's sequels, Powers & Pantheons and Demihuman Dieties.

Off the top of my head:
Selune and Shar battling in Waterdeep (old AD&D comic series)

Labelas Enoreth (sp?) - elven god of longevity - appears in old Forgotten Realms comic series, along with Clangeddin Silverbeard and possibly Malar, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, I can't quite remember where the action takes place.

Umberlee - in the Inner Sea, making big waves near the Pirate Isles (Pirates of the Inner Sea)

Red Knight - in the Forest of Tethir, combating some sort of invasion (?) - Powers & Pantheons

Tiamat & Gilgeam - taking turns slaying each other in and around Unther (F&A, P&P)

Iyachtu Xvim - trapped under Zhentil Keep (Ruins of Zhentil Keep boxed set)

Ilbrandul - killed somewhere in the underdark by Shar (F&A)
Thanks for the info!

Remove ads