• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spontaneous casting druid, what to change

ChimericDream

First Post
One of my players has asked if he could play a spontaneous casting druid in the campaign we're getting ready to start. Not one to crush my players' dreams immediately, I told him I'd ask here and see what people thought would be a good trade off for spontaneous casting.

Opinions or advice?

BartD

First Post
I think this (my option for divine casters) is quite similar to the option from Unearthed Arcana:

Spontaneous divine caster: The number of spells per day is increased by one for each spell level (not counting domain spell slots). Clerics and druids know the same number of spells as sorcerers except they get to add domain spells or summon nature’s ally at odd levels. Rangers and paladins know as many spells as they can cast plus one at each spell level.

Li Shenron

Legend
The UA variant is great, but pay attention that (especially if you use it with a 3.5 Druid) it's quite powerful... Particularly if the player focuses on destructive elemental spells, it can end up being like a Sorcerer, but with HD d8, better saves, casting in armor, wild shape, various druidic abilities, and more skill points :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads