• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spontaneous Divine Caster & Bonus Domain

Swiftbrook

First Post
Here's my dilema: One of my players has a cleric 6/radiant servant of pelor 5. We're using the Spontaneous Divine Casters rule from Unearthed Arcana. He just earned 5th level in the radiant servant PC. At that level he chose the Glory domain for his bonus domain. However, he already has a couple of the spells on his Spells Known list. Should I:

1) let him choose a new spell for each of the spells on the Glory domain list he already knows.

2) Not let him switch any of the spells, he should have planned ahead better. He can switch one out at 12th level anyway.

3) Let his switch one out now and let him switch out other during the normal progression, 12th, 16th, etc.

4) Other ideas?

Thanks,

-Swiftbrook

Nerax

First Post
Swiftbrook said:
2) Not let him switch any of the spells, he should have planned ahead better. He can switch one out at 12th level anyway.

I say 2, but not for the lack of better planning. Having played this class/PrC combo several times(i don't know why every party i join doesn't have a cleric :confused:), I have to say that the Glory domain is very good as it stands. I think that I can safely assume that your players other 2 domains are Sun and Healing. The Glory domain power is more than worth the cost of having a few overlapping domain spells. All in all this is a very power combination for a party healer and undead destroyer. Well that is my two bits. :cool:

Nerax

Remove ads