Spring Ceramic DM™: WINNER POSTED!

BSF

Explorer
thullgrim said:
I would like to give it a try though I've never done it before. Just so I understand, you have to write a short story based on or including the pictures?

THullgrim

THullgrim,
Piratecat linked to the previous contest. My .sig has direct links to a few of the stories in the last contest. I'm sure we could pull up some previous Ceramic DM contests as well. :)

You will have a few pictures that you must use to help tell your story. These pictures may be very unusual and varied. For some vague pointers, when you are writing the story, think how you would use the pictures as illustrations. Generally speaking, the more thoroughly you can integrate the picture to the story, the better. The pictures are not easy to use, that is the point of the Ceramic DM contest. You need to creatively integrate the pictures as seamlessly as possible while still telling a good, compelling story.

It's fun. It's hard. It is draining for me, perhaps for others as well. Don't be intimidated by it. If you like to write, it is a great opportunity to do so under a time constraint and then get some feedback on it. You may get trounced, you may be the next Ceramic DM. But, you won't know unless you try. If they increase the contestants, I thoroughly encourange anyone to try it. :)

Zhaneel

First Post
Thanks PK.

I just wonder if Sialia has enough art for us rabid writers? I wouldn't want her to be stressed out by adding more competitors, but maybe she has more art than I'm aware of. I haven't taken the time to look through her albums.

Zhaneel

alsih2o

First Post
Zhaneel said:
Thanks PK.

I just wonder if Sialia has enough art for us rabid writers? I wouldn't want her to be stressed out by adding more competitors, but maybe she has more art than I'm aware of. I haven't taken the time to look through her albums.

Zhaneel

Siala oozes art like a slug oozes, well, ooze.

I am more than sure she is up to the task :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We're using a combination of art and photographs. No worries there.

Everyone, please make sure that the email addresses in your profile are up to date in case I have to email you. :)

Drose25, you're in!

BSF

Explorer
Piratecat said:
BSF, if we do in fact raise the number of entrants, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't schedule around your business travel. Please don't feel that should necessarily stop you from entering!

OK, OK! Let's see, you are already filled up to 16. I can stay as an alternate, but if one of those (currently) unconfirmed 5 cannot confirm, slide me into one of those spots ... pretty please? :D

Sialia

First Post
alsih2o said:
Siala oozes art like a slug oozes, well, ooze.

I am more than sure she is up to the task :)
You are not kidding. Piratecat isn't going to be able to use but about 10% of the stuff I cranked out since I went insane and volunteered to do this last winter. I've been oozing out about 4 or 5 pieces a week, I kid you not. All hidden away where almost no body but Piratcat has had a chance to peek at them.

Something about the thrill of knowing that someone is going to have to suffer through writing for these has turned on some kind of tap in me--I can't seem to shut it off.

And the ferment has been delicious.

The stuff that does not get used for this competition will have to find another use . .

Last edited:

Berandor

lunatic
my e-mail is correct.

However, since I live in Germany (+6 hours), I can't really promise to check my e-mail soon after you sent them :)
During the contest, a PM might work as well, if not better (since I'll be checking in from work, and I don't know how to do that with my e-mails (but I'll look into it, as of now) :)

Last edited:

Remove ads