• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Spycraft] Class questions

FishXXIII

First Post
Couple of Class questions:

Pointman - When new classes are introduced, do they mention the Cross-Class Ability?

Wheelman - Custom Ride says you only get the GP if multiclassing and taking a level in Wheelman. What's that mean?

Fish XXIII

Sagan Darkside

First Post
FishXXIII said:
Pointman - When new classes are introduced, do they mention the Cross-Class Ability?

Salutations,

I believe I have read on the alderac forums- the pointman/fixer guide would review the expansion of that ability to take into account current/future releases.

I am not sure about the Wheelman option- too tired to think. :)

SD

FishXXIII

First Post
That makes sense I guess. The only other classes I have are in Shadowforce aracher, and I'm not sure how well those would work.

There's supposed to be a Cleaner prestige class. Think that will be in Pointman/Fixer?

Morgenstern

First Post
Pointmen can't get cross-class abilities from the three psion base classes in the Shadowforce Archer Worldbook, but we did include information in the Fixer/Pointman Class Guide for taking cross class abilites from the Explorer, Slueth, and Martial Artist base classes that have been introduced in other books from the SFA line. We'll probably include a side bar about how and what a pointman can pick up with his cross-class ability as we introduce new base classes.

The text from custom ride should say, "When multiclassing, the additional gadget points are only based on levels gained in the wheelman class, not total agent level." The text that is there was meant to indicate this, but is a bit confusing. Sorry about that. This will be covered in the next errata update (downloadable from www.SpycraftRPG.com).

The Cleaner prestige class was release in an issue of Gaming Frontiers magazine some months ago. A slightly revised and updated version will be appearing (along with 11 other prestige classes) in the Fixer/Pointman Class Guide.

Hope this helps :),

FishXXIII

First Post
Thanks!!

I was sure the Pointman in my campaign was going to ask and I would rather know ahead of time. I assumed that's what the wheelman meant, but the eretta i have didn't cover it.

I'll assume the Martial Artist is in Pan-Asian Collective. I'll need that since my team's Faceman is from Wetworks and is studying all sorts of unarmed combat.

While I got some attention.. maybe 1 more question? In the MAG there is the Day/Night scope.. functions as telescoping and night vision scopes right? So if it lists the power of the telescoping in the table, what generation night vision is included?

Thanks!

Fish XXIII

Morgenstern

First Post
FishXXIII said:

No problem :)!

I was sure the Pointman in my campaign was going to ask and I would rather know ahead of time.

Basically the pointman gets the cross-class ability 5 times, and he gets access to the first five class abilites of each of the other classes.

I assumed that's what the wheelman meant, but the errata I have didn't cover it.

It's new :). We're hoping to have an updated document up later this month.

I'll assume the Martial Artist is in Pan-Asian Collective. I'll need that since my team's Faceman is from Wetworks and is studying all sorts of unarmed combat.

It is. I've posted a preview on the Spycraft forum that includes a handful of the new melee and unarmed combat feats (about 40 more of each in PAC) and the full stats for the first six levels of the Martial Artist class, so you can start playing with them right now if you like :). It's in the thread with the subject "[Preview] Martial Arts Mayhem"

While I got some attention.. maybe 1 more question? In the MAG there is the Day/Night scope.. functions as telescoping and night vision scopes right? So if it lists the power of the telescoping in the table, what generation night vision is included?

I'm going by memory, but I think it's first gen. Where preparing a major free web supliment for the MAG, and I know I've heard that question before, so the answer will definitely be in there :).

You are most welcome :),

Last edited:

FishXXIII

First Post
Wow! Thanks for all the good help. I saw the Martial Artist and I'm going to make the team's Faceman a Martial Artist/Faceman and try to hold out until PAC arrives.

Fish XXIII

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads