• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spycraft & GI Joe

Hattersai

First Post
I hope so for that is the main reason I want this game.
All the reviews I have read say it can emulate GI JOE.

Hopefully somebody else will give us first hand knowledge as opposed to my hopeful thinking.

Could I use the word hope more in this post...

Dungeon Master

First Post
Having grown up in the 80's and owning practically all the GI Joe toys, I say heck yea!

Honestly I haven't seen Spycraft yet but I've read all the reviews and am eagerly waiting for GenCon so I can buy a copy.
I was a big fan of Millenniums End by Chameleon Eclectic Games. From what I've read Spycraft seems to be very similar in genre to it.

Gi Joe Spycraft, I've got dibs on Snake Eyes or Shipwreck.... heh heh!

:D

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Dungeon Master said:
Honestly I haven't seen Spycraft yet but I've read all the reviews and am eagerly waiting for GenCon so I can buy a copy.

Don't wait. Get it now. You'll be glad you did.

I agree, go pick up Spycraft. It is such a cool game and I can't wait to run a campaign in it. I was thinking of doing GI Joe for this campaign, but, as I like posting things like this on my web site, i won't be able to touch Hasbro's PI. Thus, I think I'll do something that is along the same vein, but not actually "GI Joe". ;)

Jack Haggerty

First Post
De Viper!

"I am de viper... I haff come to vipe your vindows."

Had to be my absolute favorite episode.

I may have to go pick up a copy of Spycraft just for this expressed purpose, now.

Crothian

First Post
It would be real easy to do. All you need is Evil mega group and the good mega group that tries to stop them. Just come up with other names for the orginizations and the characters. You can easily base many characters off of the real GI Joes and Cobra personel. Most of those characters were rather generic.

I think this would be a great and fun thing to do.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Steve Conan Trustrum said:
Anyone other than myself think that GI Joe would be a cool conversion for Spycraft?
Well, the Spycraft rules would be a good reference source to begin with. Of course, you may have to change the Departments into Armed Services. And you may have to redesign the classes to be more military-oriented specialties.

Now is there a good argument/counterargument for a wheelman class to generically cover characters with proficient driving/piloting skills ranging from a M1A1 Abrams tank driver to a F-18 Super Hornet top gun pilot?

P.S. How did Pinnacle do with Weird Wars characters ("race" and "classes")?

Last edited:

Remove ads