• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spycraft Help!!

Geist

First Post
OK im starting a session for a new group this week.

though currently i oly have two players.

im thinking of starting them off at around 7th level. but not sure theyll be between 5-10 for sure though.

im trying to figure out a cool starting session for them to play but am havving a hard time. if anyone has some good suggestions please help out a newer DM.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
why not start them at first level, so they (and you) can get used to the spy game :) ?

this way, they could be new recruits to an organization who have to be 'brought up to speed' by doing 'smaller' (i.e. lower level) tasks before they face some really bad guys

Geist

First Post
mainly due to the fact we know the rule set and have played a number of games with various groups and want to start around where we left off and not realy going over what we have bofore ^_^

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Geist said:
and want to start around where we left off ...
was it another spy game? if you posted details on that, i might be able to help a little...

otherwise, i'd fall back on some 007-type adventure ideas :D

Geist

First Post
well the others were various spy type games.

im currently trying to make mine sort of based along ghost in the shell/ appleseed/ akira/ willim gibbson lines.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
i don't know anything about Gibson (except he writes "Neuromancer and Post-Modern Science Fiction"..)

are you planning on adding psionics? (like Akira?)

Ghost in the Shell - "The ultimate secret agent of the future is not human, has no physical body and can freely travel the information highways of the world, hacking and manipulating whatever and whenever required.

The agent, created by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is designated code name Project 2501 and distanced from them under the pseudonym "The Puppet Master." 2501 seems to be the perfect solution to their international espionage requirements. Everything runs smoothly until this prototype virtual agent concludes it is a life form in its own right "born in a sea of information" and requests political asylum and true physical existence in defiance of its creator."

Appleseed - "After the devastation of World War 3, the scattered governments of the world construct the perfect city administered by perfect Bioroids - artificially created half human/half robots. Life in Olympus is carefully controlled and monitored, however some of its human population have had enough. A dedicated band of terrorists plot to destroy the central computer and restore freedom to mankind. Will they be stopped before they ruin the dream of paradise?"

Akira - "Tokyo, as we know it, was destroyed by a kind of a new super-bomb of unknown origin. 9 hours after, World War III broke out and most of the major cities in the world were completely destroyed. 31 years after, Neo-Tokyo now stands, were the old Tokyo has been. One night, Kaneda and his motorcycle gang have an accident with a little boy with a wrinkled face, as one of an old man. Tetsuo, one of the gang's members crashes into the boy, who mysteriously remains unhurt and then simply vanishes from the eye. Tetsuo is brought to Hospital, and everything seems to have normalized. But that is not at all the case:

The strange boy from the last night was a part of a secret military project dealing with supernatural powers. The project is lead by the "Colonel", who wants to develop human weapons with aid of these powers. On his trail are Ryu and Kei (not Kay), members of a semi-terroristic group, who want to discover and destroy his plans. And now Tetsuo is going to be a new member of the project. But his powers rise much faster than the Colonel has expected. Tetsuo manages to find out the location of an underground freeze chamber, where the mysterium AKIRA is kept. Akira, too was a member of the project. But why did they put him in the freeze chamber at 0,0005 Kelvin ? They were afraid of something. Something they couldn't control anymore. Something Tetsuo is going to set free really soon. . .
And in midst of all the trouble: Kaneda and Kei. "

totally cheating, i know, but those are some synposes from the 'net

so, what have we got? 1) the government (or some agency) is the bad guy (that's easy)

2) the world is 'getting away from' your average human being (being populated by androids, taken over/destroyed by super-powerful telepaths...)

3) terrorists play a role, for or against

so, what side are the PCs on? (good-guy terrorists (free the telepaths!), bad-guy terrorists (if we can't have it, no one will!), good-guy government (we protect the populus!) or the bad-guy government (we'll kill you for what you've discovered!)?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads