• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spycraft help

Ghostwind

First Post
I wish I could get my gaming group to switch to Spycraft. But they won't play anything unless it is standard fantasy. They aren't too hip on their characters being stuck in d20 Modern/Urban Arcana/Dark Inheritance at the moment, but that will change in a couple of sessions.

I played Spycraft at Winter Fantasy and enjoyed it. I wish I could find a group in my area to join. Hal, you're lucky and I envy you. ;)

333 Dave

First Post
Facemen are fun. Sometimes. The problem is, a lot of what you'll want to do, the other characters will get in the way (this happens a lot in Spycraft....) so plan for that. And when the shooting starts, duck. Never underestimate the power of a tipped over table or a crate. Cover = good.
Odly enough, I have the main book and the fixer/pointman guide right here.
For facemen, the Power Brokerage really is the best department in the main book. Quickly skimming the FPG I see nothing that might be good, except maybe organized crime... If your gonna go the Organized Crime route, take a look at the Goodfella pestige class (also in the Fixer/Pointman Guide).
Actually, a Gangster Faceman might work well...

Lugh

First Post
Another department that works great with a faceman, especially if you want to go the bureaucracy/politico route, is the Westpoint Officer Academy from Sol/Whl. You get a bonus to Charisma, and Political Favors free. You also get a bonus to initiative, which never sucks. A surprisingly effective choice.

Remove ads