• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Spycraft] The A-Team

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
C'mon, somebody must have done it, idling away the time when they were bored. Post your A-Team stats! :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, I'll start.

I'd put them at 8th level.

Hannibal: Pointman 4 / Faceman 4
Face: Faceman 8
Murdock: Wheelman 6 / Faceman 2
BA: Wheelman 4/ Soldier 4

The Snoop class is too modern for the A-Team and the Fixer is too organisationally-dependent.

Any advance on these stats?

Dieter

First Post
I'd say Hannibal was a few levels higher in both faceman and possibly pointman...afterall, he did use his disguises nearly every mission.

You have to take into account his age and rank in the army too.

I think all of them had Weapon Specialization: M-14. They used them in nearly every episode.

Hannibal also preferred the Colt M1911.

Give Murdock extra ranks/feats in helicopter and airplane repair and operations.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but my rulebook isn't at the office.

Last edited:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
New A-Team Feats

Cut the Jibber Jabber! [General]
Tell that fool to cut the jibber jabber - you can see right through that fool's talk!
Benefit: +2 bonus to Sense Motive checks made in opposition to some fool's Bluff check.

Pity the Fool! [General]
Even if B.A. Baracus won't pity you, the Game Control will.
Prerequisite: Int and Wis less than 10.
Benefit: When a character with this feat does something especially stupid, the Game Control grants one bonus Action die to the fool at his or her discretion.
Special: If either Int or Wis are increased to 10 or greater, you have no more excuses, fool, and you lose this feat.

Kevin Wilson

First Post
Well, when designing the classes, I actually had several members of the A-Team in mind when thinking about what sort of archetypes I wanted to represent. But then, I'm sure most folks noticed that when they saw the first class in the book.

Obviously, Face ought to be a straight Faceman, since he was a primary inspiration for the class, along with some Mission Impossible antics and the Saint.

Less obviously, Howlin' Mad Murdoch helped inspire the Wheelman (along with Knight Rider, Airwolf, and the Fall Guy, if you remember that little sub-genre of shows), so I'd have him be a single classed character as well. He can pick up his other skills with some skill points and maybe a feat or two.

Also, Hannibal is a straight up Pointman. He can pick up Disguise abilities to flesh him out with his cross-class abilities, but his main deal was leading the group and filling in where needed.

There's no Snoop in the group to start, although Amy filled that role later in some respects with her newspaper contacts and such.

As for BA, well, he's a Soldier/Fixer multiclassed character. Look at all the devices he built, after all. :) And I pity the fool that says he didn't have any levels in Soldier.

As far as level goes, 8-10 sounds about right, yeah. They're tough without being on the totally over-the-top scale of James Bond (a 20th level Pointman, as far as I'm concerned, by the way...).

For Department, Military Operations springs out as the proper one for the Team. This gives them all a bit of combat training and some additional flexibility. I often use Departments like this to add a touch of flavor to a character in an area other than their main specialty without multiclassing too much.

Mind you, the A-Team could be done up in several different ways - this one just seems like the most straightforward to me. Feel free to suggest others and don't let me spoil your fun or anything.

It would be fun to see folks flesh them all the way out as full characters really, then we could see GMs running A-Team adventures at Cons. :) But if I show up at one of these games, I have dibs on Hannibal - he's my favorite.

"I love it when a plan comes together."
-Kevin Wilson

PS - I think the thing that makes me happiest about Spycraft's reception is all the different ways folks are coming up with to use it. Toolkits are meant to be used, after all.

Dieter

First Post
One tangent...I swear...The Fall Guy was great, heck I even had the lunchbox when I was kid. :)

Anywho...

Silly of all of us to forget...EVERYONE on the A-Team (at least the original incarnation) was in the army...so everyone should get at least a few levels of soldier. They didn't start getting the other classes until after their prison escape.

As for backgrounds...

-Hunted (Col. Decker)
-Murdock had some sort of psychosis
-B.A. had aviophobia (fear of flying).

dpmcalister

Explorer
I'm working on the following:

Hannibal: Soldier 3/Pointman 6
Face: Faceman 4/Fixer 4
Murdock: Wheelman 8
BA: Soldier 4/Wheelman 4

I've also got a trilogy of serials planned for a convention I was going to in the UK early next year. Unfortunately, I can't go to the convention any more, but I'll still write the serials - when I've got the time... - and post them on the Modus Operandi site (just don't hold your breath!

Yoink!

This is going off-topic now but what about the other classic (80s) shows: McGyver: Definitely a fixer! The Professionals: definitely soldiers, if not multiclassed soldiers - does anyone remember them?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads