• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spycraft

Drayan

First Post
Anyone who's tried Spycraft, if you would, please post your opinions of it. I'm thinking of picking it up and maybe running it for a while. Thanks

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'll slide this over to the D20 System games forum. There are quite a few Spycraft threads there already - might be worth checking out.

Karl Green

First Post
I am

and we are having a blast in it. The characters just made 2nd level and they are off to Bosnia. Should be lots of fun. I like most of the rules in the game (I think maybe that autofire should do a little more damage, and getting hit by a car should maybe hurt a little more... and maybe missiles should have a x5 damage multiplier behind it BUT that is about it).

If you are interested in over the top James Bond/Mission Impossible spy games I think that it is well worth the price.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
SPYCRAFT is the best d20 product available and a must buy

(in fact I bought SPYCRAFT rather than a DMG!

Drayan

First Post
Wow. Judging by these few responses, and the fact that i JUST NOW started watching Alias (Which is a real pity, I've missed quite a bt) and it got my conspiracy attuned brain churning, I'm going to buy spycraft as soon as i get the money.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
I have purchased Spycraft and am most impressed with it. I think I got my group to play a few games of it. Any one know of any good Spycraft websites??

cybernetic

Explorer
Myself...I am putting together a different kind of campaign using Spycraft....I'm recreating the Grand Theft Auto video game with it...and the PC's will play criminals going on missions for the various gamg leaders, mob bosses...etc etc....

tsadkiel

Legend
Spycraft raises the dead! Spycraft keeps the sun from falling!

Sorry.

As you can tell, the people who love Spycraft really love Spycraft. And from what I've seen, it does one thing (spies!) really, really well. Personally, I'm waiting for d20 Modern, which will do several things pretty well.

(Well, there's that and the fact that I find the Spycraft departments-as-races thing unbelievably goofy.)

Last edited:

BButler

First Post
Dagger75 said:
I have purchased Spycraft and am most impressed with it. I think I got my group to play a few games of it. Any one know of any good Spycraft websites??

Well, there's the AEG website, which has some good stuff on it, including some serials and an entire chapter that was cut from the upcoming Modern Arms Guide.

Probably the best fan site is Modus Operandi.

I also play the game, and I like it a lot. All hyperbole aside, I think it is a great adaptation of the d20 system to a modern setting. I also think that it excels as more than simply a "spy" game, and is adaptable to most any modern genre.

Remove ads