• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SRD 3.5 Competition

Drawmack

First Post
okay more missing descriptions.

Armor: Padded, Leather, Studded Leather, Hide

Adventuring Gear: Backpack, Barrel, Basket, Bedroll, Bell, Blanket, Block and Tackle, Bottle wine glass, Bucket, Canvas, Case (map or scroll), Chalk, Chest, Firewood, Fishhook, Fishing net, Flask, Ink Pen, Ladder, Mirror Small Steel, Mug/Tankard Clay, Paper, Parchment, Pick (miner's), Pitcher (clay), Piton, Pole, Pot, Pouch (belt), Rations (trail), Sack, Sealing Wax, Sewing Needle, Signal Whistle, Signet Ring, Sledge, Soap, Spade or Shovel, Tent, Waterskin, Whetstone

There is a lot of stuff on the adv gear list that should be included to tell us how much it can hold. Oh well I guess it'll be one more thing in andy's to do list.

BTW: anyone wonder why it's easy for me to list exactly what's missing descriptions? You'll know when you see my srd. Curious yet?

Staffan

Legend
Dimwhit said:
I just noticed a small oddity with the SRD. It doesn't actually list the feats a fighter can choose from for his bonus feats. It mentions that he must choose them from a specific list, but that list isn't mentioned. I wonder why...
The fighter feats are listed in the feats themselves - the feats in question say something like: "Special: A fighter can choose this as one of his bonus feats."

From a design point of view, I kind of like this. It makes the fighter-ness of a feat something inherent in the feat rather than in the fighter class. Might be somewhat less useful for the player looking for a feat to spend his bonus feat slot on, though.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Staffan said:
Hyperlinks from the tables to the descriptions?

That would be extremely nice! Hadn't thought about that, thanks for the suggestion.

Originally posted by Conaill
Javascript mouse-over descriptions?

That would be extremely annoying! You couldn't move your mouse over the page without 20,000 popups...

doktorstick

First Post
Cergorach said:
Any remarks to improve layout are more than welcome.
I downloaded it and quickly went through each page (not looking for content, yet). With respect to the tables and the shading, I think it would look better if the text had cellpadding between it and the bottom of the row. Without padding on the bottom of each row, I get the impression that the table is crowded.

/ds

Shadow64

Dimwhit said:

On another note: I need to know if anyone is working on a miscellaneous entry? Like for PDA, or a server-side database version, or something. If there is or isn't, I need to know.

Although it has been slow coming this week I am working on a Server side version of the SRD. It is going to be an ASP/MySql based site.

Remove ads