• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SRD, what's changed?

Sage

Explorer
Hello

Someone kindly sent me a link to a wizards message board where the folowing was posted.

Late afternoon/early evening tomorrow (May 14) the SRD and MSRD will be updated as follows:

System Reference Document
NEW – Expanded Psionic content added
NEW - Divine ranks and powers rules added
ERRATA - See released errata documents for changes
Monster files – Some advanced monsters were added

Modern System Reference Document
NEW – Monsters from d20 Menace Manual added

Notes:
Epic level psionic material can be found with the Epic documents, not the psionic documents.

Whenever possible feats were replaced with the most recent versions (Draconomicon and Complete Warrior updated several epic feats).

The following Product Identity was removed from the psionic material:
Githyanki, Githzerai, Illithid, Mind Flayer, Thri-Kreen, Yuan-ti, Zouken, Ilsensine.

The Fist of Zouken PrC is now titled Psionic Fist
The Illithid Slayer PrC is now titled Slayer

The following Product Identity was removed from the Menace Manual material:
Fraal, Gardhyi, Kroath, N'sss, Sesheyan

These changes seem pretty extensive, especially with regards to the new monsters and changed feats.
Reading the eretta and applying the changes therein is no problem, but looking through all the feats to spot changes is daunting.
Therefore I would like to ask people to help me update our site by posting here information on which monsters have been added and which feats have changed.

I truly appreciate any help in this matter :)

b.t.w. the epic section will be up within the next couple of days, I hope you'll enjoy it :D

Sage

AGGEMAM

First Post
Btw, Sage, can I again say many many thanks for a job well done. A damn shame about the pictures though. Did you get a seize or desist warning from WotC?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Joshua Randall said:
Umm, grab copies of Draconomicon and Complete Warrior and check for yourself! ;) Or is that what you are asking someone to do?

Nope, he's looking for public minded community members to help track down the changes between the current version of the SRD and the previous one, to enable him to update his hyperlinked website resource.

I don't know if the various Divine feats were there before, but they are now (and revised from the divine splatbook originals too)

Cheers

AGGEMAM

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
Umm, grab copies of Draconomicon and Complete Warrior and check for yourself! ;) Or is that what you are asking someone to do?

Have you checked his website? If not please do.

The Sage and Soveilor are writing the best online SRD service on the web. So grapping book wouldn't make any sense, since the books are often different from the SRD .. at least in wording.

Dimwhit

Explorer
AGGEMAM said:
The Sage and Soveilor are writing the best online SRD service on the web.

Amen to that. I remember getting their SRD submission during the SRD competition last fall. It blew me away. They've done us all a service.

Eye Tyrant

First Post
Joshua Randall said:

These are the responses that keep me from asking for help... well, at least they deter me a little.

BTW , GREAT JOB SAGE!!! Thanks for the effort, I don't yet own the Draconomicon, but thinking of going out to get it tonight. I'll help if I can, I do have the CW.

Sage

Explorer
Thanks for all the praise, I'm just glad you people can use the site :D

Plane Sailing said:
Nope, he's looking for public minded community members to help track down the changes between the current version of the SRD and the previous one, to enable him to update his hyperlinked website resource.
exactly :)

AGGEMAM said:
A damn shame about the pictures though. Did you get a seize or desist warning from WotC?
Yeah, though they would've let us use their images, their legal guys got uneasy about the amount of pictures we were using and asked us to take them down.
And when the big corperation starts glaring at you, you sit back and do what your told :D

Sage

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the SRD (old or new) since I prefer the actual books, but I do just want to chime in and praise your hard work.

Anything that serves the community serves me, even if not directly. :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Sage, just curious, are you correcting some of the errors present in the current SRD, or leaving them in there as-is?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads