• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Staff Fighters!

FireLance

Legend
Later on in the series they also adopt a horse who turns into a human... or a human who turns into a horse
Actually, it's a dragon who turns into a horse. Many dragons and spirits in Chinese mythology are able to assume a human-like form, and in live-action Chinese productions (theater/opera, movies, TV series), this mythological trope often gets trotted out as it's easier on the special effects budget. Assuming the audience is familiar enough with the source material, a bit of costume and makeup is all that is necessary for the audience to recognize a character as a dragon in human form, or a snake, fox, spider or bull spirit in human form.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
You're all going to be disappointed when it's an article for bard|fighter hybrids, introducing the clef as an implement.

You're just mean.

And yes, I did mean the live-action version. I've never seen the animated one. Is it any good?

I tried watching the series as an adult about ten years back when I saw it in a DVD store for rent. I was so excited. Raced home with some munchies and expected the awesome to hit me like a wave. Man, was I ever let down :D I couldn't even get through one episode it was so terrible.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
I hate to seem so antagonistic here, but I wouldn't get excited if I were you because lately the Dragon articles have been two pages of very disappointing fluff and a terrible feat (or handful of terrible feats).

Hey! This could be the article where they turn it all around. I really hope for a good one.

MrMyth

First Post
I'm eager to see how the article works. I played a staff-wielding, cloth-wearing tempest fighter for a one-shot, and despite the lack of optimization, it was a fun build.

Remove ads