• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Standing up from prone...?

shadowlance

First Post
Minor or Move action what do you think? In 3e it's a move action of course...but so is drawing your weapon. In 4e we know that drawing a weapon is only a minor action...could standing up be one as well?

Perhaps the information is out there...but i sure can't find it.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
shadowlance said:
Minor or Move action what do you think? In 3e it's a move action of course...but so is drawing your weapon. In 4e we know that drawing a weapon is only a minor action...could standing up be one as well?

Perhaps the information is out there...but i sure can't find it.

When I played at D&D Exp it was a move action, but my DM kinda sucked.

shadowlance

First Post
Thanks for the link...as far as I can tell all it talks about is opportunity attacks though. I'm curious about what kind of action is requires.

I guess I'll just use move action until the real rules come out.

Mort_Q

First Post
Mea Culpa... wrong link.

According to the 4e_PrRC (2.5)

PRONE: You are at -2 on all attacks.
All enemies gain Combat Advantage against you.
You move at half speed. Standing up is a move action that does not
provokes Opportunity Attacks. Ranged attacks take a -2 penalty to hit a
prone target.

I'm sure it's been answered on the board as well... but it seems not in the thread I thought.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
So if Prone is a condition, and conditions are resolved at the end of your turn (generally with a saving throw) according to the Quick Start rules, does this mean your foes continue to have Combat Advantage against you until the following round (along with a -2 ranged)?

MindWanderer

First Post
Moniker said:
So if Prone is a condition, and conditions are resolved at the end of your turn (generally with a saving throw) according to the Quick Start rules, does this mean your foes continue to have Combat Advantage against you until the following round (along with a -2 ranged)?
This is an overgeneralization. Some conditions last until the end of the turn of whoever inflicted it, some last until you make a save, some even last until the end of the encounter. Prone lasts until you stand up, and until you do, you grant combat advantage.

shadowlance

First Post
Mort_Q said:
Mea Culpa... wrong link.

You move at half speed. Standing up is a move action that does not
provokes Opportunity Attacks. Ranged attacks take a -2 penalty to hit a
prone target.

Thanks for the info Mort. I'm glad they kept it a move action, but I figured it might have shifted.

Remove ads