• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Pact Hexblades up

Ryujin

Legend
I'm glad to see that they didn't hit it with the CHA/CON insanity that the original has. Also nice that they've set the attributes up so that a corrupted Shardmind would make for a good character concept.

WalterKovacs

First Post
Yes, though I prefer the business plan that put classes in books rather than in an online service :(

Although, it does make sense to keep the size of the books down to put 2 builds per book, and then include the other builds (since most of the builds imply there must be more, like the schools of magic, cleric domains, druidic seasons, warlock pacts, weapon preference for fighters, etc) online, the alternative being waiting for a splat book to come out with the additional options. Or not getting them at all, since they seem to be set on the book size and price point, so increasing the number of builds available in the book greatly isn't going to happen. (Admitedly, they did include 3 wizard schools, but at the cost of having only one build for the thief)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Although, it does make sense to keep the size of the books down to put 2 builds per book, and then include the other builds (since most of the builds imply there must be more, like the schools of magic, cleric domains, druidic seasons, warlock pacts, weapon preference for fighters, etc) online, the alternative being waiting for a splat book to come out with the additional options. Or not getting them at all, since they seem to be set on the book size and price point, so increasing the number of builds available in the book greatly isn't going to happen. (Admitedly, they did include 3 wizard schools, but at the cost of having only one build for the thief)

I guess in my ideal world there would have been another "Heroes' book coming down the pike which contained:

2 more warpriest domains
3 more mage specialties (transmuter/conjurer/necromancer perhaps)
2 more warlock pacts (star pact, shadow pact)
1 thief type (assassin)

Something like that.

:)

Klaus

First Post
I guess in my ideal world there would have been another "Heroes' book coming down the pike which contained:

2 more warpriest domains
3 more mage specialties (transmuter/conjurer/necromancer perhaps)
2 more warlock pacts (star pact, shadow pact)
1 thief type (assassin)

Something like that.

:)
Well, we already got:

1 new domain (Earth)
1 new school (Pyromancy)
1 new pact (Star hexblade)

True_Blue

First Post
Do we think there will be a Dark pact Hexblade here soon? They still have Dark, Vestige, and Sorcerer-King pacts left, but I have a feeling WoTC does not feel like they have to cover each pact, which I agree with, but am still hoping they do so.

I think a Hexblade with a Sorcerer-King pact would be really neat personally. My problem is that I'm not sure how much more variation in weapons there would be, or if they would just sort of use the same damage die, but change the damage type.

Remove ads